Wednesday, August 1, 2012

July 23, 2012

Hello Friends and family!

How is everyone doing? This week has been a little disappointing. I feel like we have been working harder than I ever have worked in my mission and am able to speak the language but I don`t feel like we are seeing any success.

This past week Eugenio, the husband of the president of the Relief society, had to leave town to work. They have really weird work schedules. Sometimes people have turns and have to work during the middle of the night until morning or sometimes people have to leave really far from where they live and work for 20 days and come home for 5 and then leave again. I`m not quite sure what he is doing but He is having to do something like that for the next two weeks. He told us he didn`t want to get baptized and then start off not going to church for two weeks. So when he gets back we will baptize him and his daughter. We are waiting to tell him and his wife that the bishop is going to give him the priesthood so that he can baptize his daughter. We are pretty excited.

This week we have been really working with the youth in the ward. We have a total of 6 ward missionaries that basically don`t do anything. This last Saturday we had a meeting and basically told them what they needed to be doing to help the ward. We have started doing divisions with them to find new people. Last night I went with a priest in the ward and we did 3 contacts and got into a house on the fourth one. We ended up finding a single guy named Juan Pablo. When we work with the youth in the ward it forces me to almost be the Sr. Comp. It has really been helping me with my teaching. We were able to teach the Restoration in about 15 min. We taught a really simple lesson and he said he would read and Pray about it. We will see how it goes. He seemed pretty good.

These last 2 weeks we have done over 300 contacts and only 15 people have let us in. It is really sad. I really feel like we are working hard but I don`t feel like we are seeing any blessings... I don`t get it. The last cambio with a comp that was a little disobedient we had more investigators and now we are really trying to work hard and find people and We aren`t having any success. It has been a really frustrating week this week. We have done basically all we can but we aren`t seeing any blessings.

I think this letter this week is going to be a little short I forgot my notebook that I write what happens each week. So I`m having trouble trying to remember things that happened this week.

I still haven't taken a picture of me and my comp. I will get one this week. He is huge compared to me. It is quite funny. He`s still working my butt off.

Tell Amanda to send me pictures, and ask Wesley if she ever got my letter I sent almost 10 months ago from the MTC. I`m working on some more letters for people and will send them this week.

We had Conference this week and we had the chance to learn from Pres, his wife and the Assistants. I am finding it really hard to listen to anything the Assistants say because one of them was the idiot that was blaming me for stuff when he had no idea what was going on With elder Andrade. The conference was great. President ended up changing our schedule a little bit. We are now planning weekly, two times a week. We are now planning on Sunday nights for two hours. I think it will really help us getting people to church.

Well not much else has happened this week. Love you guys and miss you tons!

No comments:

Post a Comment