Monday, August 20, 2012

Cambios :(

Hello friends and Family!

Well this week went great. I have a lot of good news and a a bit of bad
news. Well lets start off with the bad news...

We received calls from the Zone leaders this morning... Bad news...I`m
getting transferred... Good news... Same Zone, just basically a city over.
It`s kind of like ripping off a band aid but really slow. I am in the same
stake as the one I am in now so I will still see a lot of the same people
but I won't be able to see them like right now. I am going to a small pueblo
called Quillon. I am also going to be in a threesome. Not so excited about
that. I am going to be with a gringo and another mexican. Gringo se llama
Elder Nolte, Mexicano se llama Elder Cadena. It is going to be really weird
because I`m in the same zone just a different part. Today I have to go say
bye to everyone and take pictures.

More bad news... Robinson, investigator that was baptized but then didn`t
want anything to do with the church, Got drunk a week ago and decided to
take a drive with the new family car. He ended up getting in a wreck,
totalling the car and getting sent to the hospital. Personally I think it
is a sign. Hopefully he will humble himself and decide to repent. It is
really sad how dumb people can be.

Ok enough with the bad news... On to the good news. We had a heck of a weekthis week. Finished off with THREE BAPTISMS!!! We baptized the guy that was sick and in bed. He is 78 years old. It was a really cool baptism. We
basically drove him to the church, baptized, and confirmed him, and drove
him back to his house. Our mission leader is a friend of his so he ended up
baptizing him. We were going to help him do the baptism but then my comp
said that I was going to. We had to help get him dressed, get him into the
water, help him out and his friend helped change him. While I got changed.
It was really cool.

After this baptism we baptized Eugenio and his Daughter Gabriela. That was
really cool. His wife was crying almost the whole time. She was so Happy.
It was a really spiritual experience. Hermana Katy, his wife, has been
waiting so long for him to be baptized. I`m glad I was able to be part of
it. It was really cool. I`m kind of sad that right as we start to have some
success, I get transferred.

We had our activity on Friday. Lets just say there were more people at the
baptism than the activity. We had one family in whole at the activity. What
really makes me mad is Chileans can`t show up on time if their life
depended on it. You have to tell them to be there by 6 to get them there at
8. It is ridiculous. Trying to work with the wards here is so difficult. No
one is willing to work with the missionaries. It is really sad. They all
want the ward to grow but no one is willing to help. We called everyone in
the ward. 115 People that go to church regularly and a family of 4 was the
only family that came. We had a total of 36 people and about 15 of those
were members... The other part was a couple investigators and hoodlums from
the street that wanted to eat popcorn and watch a movie for free.

Things learned this Week: 

1. Umbrellas only work with rain that is coming down not side ways. It has
rained almost this whole past week.
2. There are only few Sister missionaries that are good. SISTER
MISSIONARIES are worthless. We wasted $15 trying to get to an investigator
that they have that is ¨moving¨ into our sector.
3. Check your Map to double check the street the sister missionaries say is
in you sector. We went to their sector so they could just pass the people
over to us. After 2 hours of wasted time, $15, and having to walk about 2
miles, we find out the people are moving within their sector.
4. Quote from my ZL. ¨Having to pee is like Jehova´s Witnesses, Just wait,
They´ll go away!¨
5.Having to Confirm someone on Sunday during sacrament meeting is a joke. I
wasn`t confirmed like that, Why do Chileans have to do it? It`s like
telling someone, I`m going to give you the power of the Holy ghost, BUT you
have to wait till next week in sacrament meeting to receive it.

I found out that Our bishop, his brother, Elder Orellana is serving his
mission in Riverside California. Is that anywhere near any family?

Well I went ahead and bought myself a little early birthday present. I
bought basically a briefcase that is handmade %100 leather. I got an
amazing price on it because the owner of the shop in the mercado is a
member and she hooked us all up.

I decided to take advantage of the time we had to walk back into our sector
and take some pictures. I decided to send a couple of them to you guys. I
got some great sunset pictures. It is taking awhile to upload the photos so
I`ll try and send more in another email.

Well Not much else has happened. Today I will spend time packing and
visiting converts and members. Love you guys and miss you tons.

-ELDER TORGERSEN

No comments:

Post a Comment