Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Short letter

Hello Everyone!
 
The Cyber that I`m using is having trouble with internet. The computers and internet here is horrible. So sorry if this is short.
 
Well, this week has been a little less frustrating in certain points. More frustrating in others. This week has been full of emotions good and bad.
 
Well, My comp waited till basically yesterday to tell me his older brother works at Los hermanos. His name Is Juan Arroyo. I guess he is the manager there. You guys will have to go visit him and don`t worry he speaks English. He served his mission in Nashville.
 
This week started off bad and finished off great. Contacts were horrible the first of the week. People were coming up with excuses before we even introduced ourselves.
 
This week we don`t know what happened but we were just dead tired.W e got into a lesson and the both of us were falling asleep. Both of our heads were bobbing and we were struggling to stay awake. I had tried to write in my planner and was so tired that I couldn`t even write. The other day we managed to sleep through two alarms.... We woke up at 8:00 instead of 7:00, jumped out of bed and had to shower really quick.
 
We found a lot of new people this week though. We found a family that are family members of a family in the next sector. The wife saw a huge change in her dad and is really interested in the church. The only problem is we have to get them married. They are really good though.
 
Yesterday was awesome. We ended up having three in church. EUGENIO IS HOME!! We are baptizing him and his daughter this next Sunday. They are really excited. We also did a contact about two weeks ago and this 20 year old kid told us he didn`t know that he could enter into the church. We told him he could. He told us he couldn`t go this week but was going to go the next week. We are sitting in church and randomly this kid comes walking in. It was really cool. During the week he studies in Conce and weekends comes to Chillan. He stayed for the whole 3 hours and wants us to come by on Saturday. His name is Gerardo. Pray that he will continue to come to church and will have a real desire to go to church. We also had 3 of our recent converts that were starting to become a little less active come. And also 2 of the less active families we had taught that week.
 
The computer isn`t allowing me to put pictures so I will email them next week.
 
I was literally on the edge of breaking down this week. I have had a lot of crap happen that has been really frustrating and discouraging. I`m a little embarased to admit but I literally started crying when I heard all the good news this week. Ethan with football and Baileigh with tennis.
 
My address is Chillàn, Chile. Los Volcanes the street is called Pasaje Tacura #1571 hopefully you can find it.
 
Well, It is going to be really short this week. My comp is already done and is bugging me to go. Love you all and miss you all
 
Elder Torgersen

No comments:

Post a Comment