Monday, August 27, 2012

"and it's all down hill from here." :(

Hello Friends and Family!

Yeah yeah yeah... Don`t remind me.... I will have a year in the mission on Wed. Scary thought! I don`t like it. Everyone says it`s like a mountain. The first Year goes by really slow and once you hit the year mark, you are already at the climax rolling down. 

SO I am now in a little pueblo that kind of reminds me of New Harmony with a couple supermercados. It`s a little bigger than New Harmony but basically everyone knows everyone. I think it`s kinda cool. Just makes me a little trunky. The ward is really strong for a really small town. I`m kinda excited we should have some success here. We have about 5 people with dates to be baptized.

Well,this week has been a little different. Being in a threesome is really difficult. It requires a lot of patience because now instead of one person you`re dealing with two. Their names are Elder Nolte and Elder Cadena. Nolte is from Utah and has about a year and a half in the mission. But what I found out is he is already 26. He`s basically 7 years older than me. I also found out he was engaged before the mission and decided to serve a mission first. Elder Cadena is from Vera Cruz, Mexico. He is really chill and quiet. It is really kind of weird being in a threesome. Planning is a little different because now there are 3 opinions instead of just two. We are still trying to get used to it. 

We live in a little square house with 3 rooms and a bathroom. It is really kinda small and unorganized but it is at least somewhat new and clean. We are kinda crammed into it though.

The past week I got quite a few letters. The Spam letters where pretty funny. I got letter from both grandparents and a postcard from Destin. Thanks grandma... Only made me a little trunky.... Beach with penguins with skis haha 

We have some great investigators. We have a girl named Mryam. She`s 23 and she`s amazing. She had an interview with our bishop the other day and told him she dumped her boyfriend of 2 years because he didn`t like that she was listening to us. I thought that was awesome. We have an interview for her on Saturday and she gets baptized Sunday. We are pretty excited. 

We have another Investigator that has a fecha for September 8th. She`s 22 and her mom hates that she is listening to us. Her name is Macarena. She has stopped smoking and drinking for 3 weeks now and for some reason her mom doesn`t like it. He mom is a short little round lady that is just angry all the time. We went to visit her and her mom had the window open. She looked out, looked at us, grunted and walked into her room. My comp tried to say Hi to her and she walked passed him to her room. 

We have to go to a smaller town about 30 minutes away every Tuesday, Wed. and Friday. While we were waiting for the bus I was turned talking to my comp. There was a young lady behind us that had been looking at us since we had gotten to the bus stop. She was behind a table selling something. E` Cadena turns to me and says in English that she just took a picture off me. She had her phone out acting like she was texting and had taken a picture of me... It was really kinda creepy. He was laughing pretty hard.

Elder Cadena is really into cooking and he has made some freaking good food for us. This last week he made horchata for us. It was really good.

ANSWERS TO YOUR QUESTIONS (even though I swear I have answered these)

Yes, I did get the Silpat. I gave it to Hermana Yeny. She was really happy. I did get the Beef Jerky and seeds. I need some more seeds though :) 

You found my future wife? You should tell her to write me :) How was dinner with them? How is Larry doing? How`s his family doing? You guys take any pictures? How many kids do they have? Easton is going to BYU... You honestly think she will be around when I get back? 

The Cambio has been great. Its gonna take a little time to get used to. I`m hoping the next cambio we have another Comp. There is an odd number in the mission and we are the lucky threesome... I don`t know why I couldn`t have stayed in Los Volcanes and be a threesome But whatever... I`m Happy where I am.

Yes, We are following all the mission rules. The hardest one to follow is the hours. Getting up on time, leaving on time and getting home on time are the hardest. We are definitely trying to work on it. The hardest is getting up on time. It`s freezing cold in the morning and we often don`t want to leave our nice warm beds. 

My new comps... they are definitely a little different. E` Nolte I have to remember is 7 years older and I can tell is kinda sheltered. He has some weird beliefs and is always telling us not to say stuff. The other day I told him an investigator was a little snakey and he yelled at me and said not to say that because people can hear what we were saying. I was speaking in English and we were in an open field in between two houses. He is also kinda a little scared about things. We can`t walk in certain streets cuz he always feels bad about something. We taught a recent Convert and she had a friend over that was sitting behind us. He wouldn`t say anything during the lesson... after we left he said he was scared and had a really bad feeling about the guy. He is kinda exaggerated and dramatic sometimes. 

Elder Cadena Is kinda quiet and keeps to himself. He is really funny. He is a little shy. but he is a great missionary. He is currently learning English so we are trying to help him out. He is really good at cooking and is basically a walking cook book. Need a recipe..: He`s got it. I`m definitely going to put him to the test this cambio.

Yes, I did write the random letter from the Girl from Colorado. She has been writing me. Kinda fun to write someone new. 

Haven´t heard how Robinson is doing. He told us he didn`t want to hear from us unless we were calling just to ask how he was doing. I didn`t have the chance to call him or even see him.

Yes, I did get some letters from you guys. The Spam cards and the rest of the letters from Grandma Kratchen. Did you guys get my letter with all my letters in it? 

This past week I read a talk by Elder Corbridge about The fourth Missionary. I have been really worried about what has been happening at home and about friends. A member could tell I had been a little different. She told me I need to drop everything and leave everything at home to the Lord. She said the only thing I can do here is worry about the work I am doing now and about the people here. I decided I need to forget about the ¨cool¨ or ¨fun¨stuff I could be doing at home. I feel like I have put my strength into it but I need to ¨serve him with all my heart, might, mind and strength¨. 

This Cambio is going to require extreme patience and a lot of communication. I am really trying to work on patience. Elder Arroyo said that I am ¨Chicito pero picoso¨ Basically you guys knew that. I`m small with a big temper. I have definitely had to keep it under control. I have to let things people say just go. Like water on a ducks back. Like dad always says. 

Well Thank you all for the love and support. Thank you all for the prayers. Love you all.

Con Amor,
Elder Torgersen

No comments:

Post a Comment