Monday, August 6, 2012

August 6, 2012

Hello Friends and Family!

Well, this week has been just about as bad as the last 2 weeks. We had a little more lessons and found some people but they weren´t any good. We are still really struggling to find good people. People are just lazy! They don´t want to do anything and they are always ¨BUSY¨ As you can tell I´m getting really frustrated with the work. I have been trying to stay excited and positive but we aren´t finding any success. 

We did find out that an older guy that is sick and in bed wants to get baptized. He looks like he is on the edge of his life. I feel horrible for him. But we might have a really cool experience baptizing him. We still have to work out a couple things. But we would have 5 people in the font and he would be laying down above the water. I´m really hoping we can do it. It would be a really special experience.

Well, this last week at District class I got 2 letters from Grandma Kratchen, Zach Hulsey, Kate, and a really random letter. I got a letter from a girl supposedly from Colorado that decided to write a random missionary...? Not quite sure about that one. I haven´t gotten any postcards so... I don´t know what your talking about. I will hopefully get more mail this Wed. We have interviews with President and classes with the Assistontos. The one assistant is going home this cambio so I´m kinda happy about that. I don´t really like him. 

This week we decided we were going to fix all the crap in the house that stupid elders before had broken. I replaced a window, (kinda glad I broke the window to the back door, Thanks DAD, I was able to fix our window from that experience.) We fixed the sink and we bought a bigger mirror. 

If you could tell, I need new socks. The socks down here are kinda lame. If you could send me those it would be great. We went by a market that they have only on Saturdays and I bought two new pairs of pants for $3. An hermana in the ward is going to fix them a little so they fit me better. Also, I don´t know what you sent in the last couple packages, but I heard if you are planning on sending Beef jerky or licorice don´t write beef Jerky or licorice on the list of items on the package. Write just candy or something. I guess an elders grandma did that and he had to go to Santiago because the police had taken it and it was gonna cost him $200 to take out. But if you could also send me some cracked pepper and original Spitz... It would be wonderful!! 
 
Also, I don´t know if we can buy buttermilk down here... is there something I can use in place of buttermilk? Also can you send me some easy recipes for chocolate chip cookies and brownies and stuff like that. We need something for Family nights.

Also, why are we asking when I get home!!? STOP! I still have a year. I´m not coming home early to start school so you might as well wait till January. I don´t want to have to come home a cambio early to go right into school. I don´t even know what day I will get home. 

If you could send me more of the Scripture marking pages it would be great. I think I´m going to use those.

Well this letter is going to be horrible because nothing happened this week. 

Things learned this week (just for you Traci):
 
1. If you slip on something on concrete, it´s better to not look down to see what it was. (most like dog crap) 
2. I will not be having kids in two years. The bishop and his wife along with 2 other young couples in the ward keep telling me I will get home and have a baby. (you guys know how much I love babies) They all have little babies about 7-9 months old and they all love me.
3. Soy Chuncho.
 
Yes, Universidad De CHILE.
4. When your comp tells you you can´t do something, look it up in the rule book. Sometimes Comps make up rules. Don´t let them do it.
5. It doesn´t matter if we baptize Adults or Kids. They both need to be baptized so Don´t complain about baptizing a kid. I´m getting fed up with elders saying not to baptize kids.

Well I love you all and miss you tons! Pray for us this week that we have some success.

Con amor,
Elder Torgersen

P.S. with the back pack, try finding a Dakine that has a lifetime warranty. Our bishop looked up dakine last monday at his house and there are two small ones for about $30. They are called Wonder 15L and Grom 13L. If you could get those in a black or a Spectrum it would be great. Make sure I would be able to put two scriptures in them. 

No comments:

Post a Comment