Monday, March 5, 2012

uh-oh

Hello family...
Well where to start this week...? This has definitely been the worst/longest week of my life.  Well lets start with the bad and finish off with the good. Woo I´ve got some stories for you guys. I´ve never wanted to be home so bad in my life. 
Around Wednesday I started to get a cough, congested nose and body aches. By Thursday the symptoms had gotten worse but were at least bearable until Saturday. We woke up got ready and my companion made me go to a doctor because he also wasn´t feeling well. We went to the doctor and met a guy from Canada that had a really cool but long story. His dad had died 15 years ago here in Linares in a helicopter accident.. He hadn´t had the money to come visit where his dad died. He had been praying for 15 years that he could some how get to Chile. He didn´t speak any Spanish and He didn´t know anyone from Chile. While hiking to the spot he thought it was he had a picture of the spot and tried talking to a guy with little Spanish that he knew. The guy on the trail ended up being a worker for his dad. He told us all these miracles that had happened since he got there. There´s more detail to it but I 've got a short amount of time. 

After the doctor they gave us a couple pills. We headed off to do some service. While we were doing service I started getting a bad Migraine and started feeling really dizzy. After we went to lunch. The hermana we had lunch with said I looked really sick and should go home and rest. That's what we ended up doing. about 2 hours after lunch, around 4, I started getting a bad fever and body aches. By 6 I had the chills and a fever and a head ache. I had felt horrible because obviously I was sick but we wasted a full day of work. I was depressed, sick, and I couldn´t get comfortable enough to sleep because of the fever. By 11 in the night my comp called Eduardo, One of our investigators, to come get us. He and his wife hurried to our house and by then I was completely out of it. I was super dizzy and felt like I was gonna throw up. 

They took us to the hospital and it took about 45 minutes just to get me in. I couldn´t get comfortable in the stupid chairs and I felt so sick. Eduardo finally went in and got me a wheel chair. They finally called my name and they rolled me in. They took me into the separated rooms with the curtains and laid me on a bed. The guy in the next curtain over was completely wasted and was throwing up beer by the liter. The smell of that made me even sicker. Then a drunk guy with a cut on his face was yelling at the doctor. They ended up calling the cops and taking him out. Finally the doctor came in and asked where I hurt and tried to explain with all of the Chilean words they have for body parts. Then he said, ¨Oh Gringito¨ He checked my throat, stomach, and breathing. About 10 minutes later a nurse comes in and tells me to lay on my stomach. I lay on my stomach and then I feel a cold metal plate thrown on my legs. She then pulls my shorts down a little and sticks me with the longest freaking shot 
I´ve ever gotten. Eduardo forgot to tell me they just give you basically an ¨all purpose¨ shot. The worst injection I´ve ever had. I still can´t walk because my butt hurts so bad. After they told me I was done so I jumped up and basically ran out. And that´s about when everything went black. Next thing I know I´m back in the wheel chair rolling to the car. Worst Hospital experience ever. I HATE HOSPITALS!! Apparently I have Rinofaringitis Aguda...? I have no idea what it is and how I got it. 

Sunday I was still too sick to go to church. We had to find a member to come stay with me. I was taking about 3 different kinds of pills. I decided to take an Ibuprofen. And that's when my comp saw all the pills I had from the Amoxicillin to the Excedrin. He told me ¨Elder... That´s a lot of pills¨ He basically then called me a druggy and said I needed to stop taking pills. 

For the good news... I got my packages on Tuesday! The shoes and the hat are awesome. And the shaver works!! It was like Christmas again. After I got my packages I had three or four letters. For the rest of the day my comp was kind of a jerk to me. Every one could tell he was jealous and mad about it. But he got over it. 

Service on Saturday was horrible. We helped a lady put pieces of wood under the over hang on the roof of her house. My comp wouldn´t let me do anything... Wouldn´t let me help or anything so I let him do his thing. He ended up cutting two pieces way to short and his accuracy with a hammer was like a three year old. It really drives me nuts how stubborn he is. After the work he had done looked so bad. I felt really bad because the lady was trying to make her house look good and he totally screwed it up.

I was wondering what I can say when A person asks me if I was born into the church. They always come up with the excuse that it is ¨tradition¨ not a matter of truth or not. People always say,¨well of course you´re part of this religion. That´s what your parents are.¨

You guys need to send me Pictures!! especially a picture of dad and Ethan with their shirts. I can´t believe you guys always see someone famous every time you go to Disneyland. What did Jon Heder have to say? How´d you get talking about missions? Tell Kim she can take me on a vacation when I get home and we can stop and every wide spot in the road. 

Well not much else happening. Today we had cambios but I´m still staying where I am. Which means next cambio (6 weeks) I´ll most likely be going. hopefully this cambio goes a little smoother. I love you guys and miss you tons. 

Con Amor
Elder Torgersen

No comments:

Post a Comment