Monday, March 19, 2012

PRIMER BAUTISMO!!



Hello Friends and Family!

Well This week was a whole lot better... Where to start...?

Well on Tuesday we had a Mission Conference. Me and my comp both got our new packages. Thank you so much for everything. The only thing is my comp turned in our DVD player to the mission because we just got 30 new missionaries and they need them to train. So we have no way to play our music or DVD´s. Hopefully soon we get it back. Conference was awesome.... minus one part. The zone leaders told us the wrong time for the bus to get to conference early  and they forgot to tell us to wear short sleeve shirts because we were getting flu shots (like I haven´t received enough shots in the last week and a half.) Good thing is... I´m feeling a whole lot better. Tell Dad thanks... I was feeling a little Bieber fever. jaja

The night before the Conference we had a little disagreement with my comp. I decided to shine his shoes while he was upstairs. I shined both pairs of shoes and the next day... I found out he had a third pair... Guess which pair he wore.

I felt completely Chilean this week. I carried 2 kilos of raspberries on my bike on the handlebars, painted a fence, and swept dirt this last week. The hermano we do service for told us ¨we are representatives of Christ and the patch of dirt in the front yard was covered in garbage and weeds. We cleaned the outside of the house for service this week. I´ve even started thinking and counting in Spanish. haha

One of our investigators this week had on a blue shirt. I didn´t realize what it said till we were walking out. He was totally rocking a Utah State shirt. I asked him where he bought it and he said he bought it at a ropa americana store here in Linares. I thought it was really funny. I told him that that was the University I´m going to go to.

This week has been the roughest week with my comp. I don´t know what I did... I found out this week that he has kind of the rep in the mission for not making the best decisions, not getting along with many people and not being very excited about the work. We haven´t had a companionship study in about a week, we haven´t had a solid planning session in about a week and anytime I ask him something he barks the answer back at me. He only talks to me when it´s mission related and he won´t talk about what´s going on. I´ve talked to both the DL and the ZL´s. They are trying to figure out what to do. 

Other than all the crap with my companion and him being stubborn and a little girl... This week was great...

This week I had my first legit Chilean baptism! Her name is Paola. Hopefully within the next month her sons and maybe her husband will be baptized. 

That was an awesome experience. Even though it was all in Spanish... for some reason I was completely relaxed. I said everything perfect and it all went perfect. The husband is having some problems and some doubts and really didn´t want her to get baptized. We are hoping to meet with him and explain some things.

Even during the baptism my comp wasn´t excited or happy. I really don't know what is going on. He did although receive the package. I probably won´t be with him the next cambio so I don´t know what to do with the package situation. And no you don´t have to put H. Andrade. 

Eduardo, one of our awesome investigators, has starting looking up ¨mormons¨ on YouTube. He´s found a bunch of garbage like anti Mormonism stuff. We´ve tried to tell him that if he wants to learn about the church to go to the church website. I even Bookmarked like 5 Church websites on his computer. I´m not quite sure what to do.. Need Help!!

Well this week was awesome. Hopefully we figure things out with my comp and everything goes better. Tell McKay I haven´t gotten any of his letters except his last one. Tell him he probably has the wrong address. Also I had a notebook with a bunch of email addresses in it. See if you can find it, scan it, and send it to me. I love you guys and miss you tons!
Con amor,
Elder Torgersen

P.S. Send pictures of Ally´s wedding.

No comments:

Post a Comment