Saturday, June 29, 2013

Well... quickly tickin down....

Hello Friends and family!

This week has also been a week of mixed emotions. Not sure what to think about it. 

Well lets start off at last Monday after I had written you... I got the cambios in the morning telling me that we were both being taken out of Conce. We had no idea why either. I was also going back to Chillan but not as a ZL. I was ticked all day thinking, what the crap did I do? Then I got a call from Pres saying he wanted to meet with me at 7. The whole time I was thinking what the crap did I do..? I got into the interview and he asks me how I felt. I told him the truth... I told him I felt a little jipped and screwed over. I told him All the missionaries in conce had been looking at me like I did something disobedient all day in centro. and that It was really ticking me off. He then explained to me the reason why... 

He told me my next comp was very humble. He is Mexican from Tijuana. He was abandoned by his parents when he was really young and only has a 3rd grade education, and has troubles reading. He was picked up by a bishop of the church and brought into his family. Pres told me he is really special and his comps have gone crazy with him. Pres had felt that he needed to put me with him. He explained to me that when He stuck me with Elder Coronado he progressed a ton. He told me that Elder Coronado was in a city where the missionaries are allowed to go to the temple. He ended up doing the temple work for his dad that had passed away and was working really hard. He thanked me for what I did to help him out. He told me... I don´t care what the other missionaries say you are going there because I felt a strong impression to put you with him. 

I have learned some great lessons this week. We aren´t only called to be missionaries to help out Inv´s and wards... We are also called to help strengthen our companions. I have been completely humbled this week. But I have still had some mixed emotions about the whole situation. President told me... It doesn´t matter what others think... You have been senior comp, trainer, DL, and ZL. You can still go home and tell every one that you were all of those. Don´t listen to what others say you have been called there for a reason.

Well this week has definitely been different. It has been a little difficult. New area, new comp, new house, new members. It really sucks to be changed the last cambio of my mission and have to get to know everyone again. 

Well this week we put 10 with baptismal dates, and are getting a family married so they can get baptized. We are super stoked. I also found out a family in Linares is getting baptized on Saturday and they want me to go and baptize them. The assistants are going to talk to pres to see if I can do it. I´m way excited because I knew they were going to get baptized.

Well not much else going on... Love you all and miss you tons. Tell dad thanks for the separate emails. It´s nice to learn about what he is doing!

Elder Torgersen


NOTICE: This email message is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential and privileged information. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply email and destroy all copies of the original message.

No comments:

Post a Comment