Sunday, June 16, 2013

Hello Friends and Family!!

Well... Where to start...
 
Tthis week started off really well. I´m really learning a lot from my comp. It has been a little difficult but I have been learning a lot. I really think there are benefits when you are Chilean. We have been getting into so many houses it is ridiculous. We contact a person and then start off saying ¨NO NO NO¨ and we ended up getting into the house and finish with them saying ¨SI, SI, SI¨ to a baptismal invite. I have never ever had so many things to do as a  missionary and have so much success in a sector. The lord really blesses us even if we are having to go to meetings and help other missionaries. 

We did have a really funny contact the other day though. We were contacting some apt´s and a lady with a huge cross around her neck is inside with the window open. We yell hola and she shakes her finger at us. We finally get her to come to the door and we offer her acard with Christ on it. She says no and starts ragging on us. My comp, being as direct as he is says, as believing in Christ, needs to be a little more humble and less of a jerk. She screams at us and she tries to close the door and my comp throws the card in the door as she slams it. We start to walk away and she swings the door open and crinkles the card and throws it at us and it lands like 2 feet from her. We had never laughed so hard. It is really sad how stubborn and mean some of the grandma Catholics are. 

We had a mini consejo with the DL´s included. President talked along with the AP´s. It was a really great experience for the DL´s. They really learned a lot. The numbers really took a spike up this week. We just gotta keep it going. 
 
On Friday, Valentina passed her Interview and She chose me to baptize her. Saturday we had the baptism and we had her whole family and her aunts and uncles there. We had the padrinos there also... I have no idea how to say that in English. The people when you get baptized catholic and they are there in place of your parents if something happens to them. I swear I am going to have to learn English again. The baptism went really well. She was really nervous though. The dad looks like he will be the next to enter into the water. Pray for him. His name is Adan.

We have taught some really good families this week. We found the brother of a convert of my comp from Chillan in Conce. His brother is going to help us baptize him and his family! We are really excited. There names are Roberto and Simonet. They have two of the cutest little girls. They look like a little Mormon family already. We also taught a lady named Dekty. She at first said she just wanted to hear the good word of god and we ended up getting her to commit to go to church. She came to church and stayed for the three hours... she absolutely loved it. 

It is really sad but in every ward I have been in they have had to beg people to do their Visiting teaching visits/ Home teaching. It is really sad how lazy people can be. It really ticks me off that a family can be really struggling and the H Teachers aren´t ever there for them. The bishop is really getting mad also. 

I sent home a package today... It had two PMG´s that I didn´t want to carry around a couple bags, and a couple Chilean Flags. There is a book on Spanish that Ethan can start to use to learn simple Spanish. 

I´m having mixed feelings about the wedding pics. I got pictures from a couple other people and he looked really happy. He just looks too young though. Still wish he would have served the mission first. How are the Browns doing? I´ve been talking to Cayden!

Well not much else happening. Well I gotta wrap it up here.. Time is about up. Love you all and miss you tons! 

Elder Torgersen

No comments:

Post a Comment