Sunday, June 9, 2013

June 3, 2013

Hola Familia y Amigos

¿COOOOOMOOOO ESTAMOS!!? Well this week has been a blast! I have no idea why but it was. It has been raining all week and finally we have a little sunshine. We started the beautiful day off by playing a little friendly game of soccer. We had 18 elders Playing soccer. It was a blast. Not sure If I told you guys but we have a discount on the fields right behind our house and we can play really cheap. The soccer field is right behind our house and is a really nice Turf field. 
 
I didn´t have to do numbers today so I have a little bit more time. 

So the reason why the letter got there on Friday... On Monday night the cyber had problems and I was doing numbers and writing at the same time so it was freaking out. I clicked the send button and it said it was sent. Signed out, and left. We get a call from the AP´s saying we had to email them something on Friday... I sent the email and saw that there was an email in the drafts... Clicked on it and it was your letter. So I resent it... Sorry... Stupid computers down here are worse than the one we had in the family room. 

Congratulations to my lil bro! Good job kid you graduated... ¨Your a big kid now!¨ Now time to get the stupid Eagle project done and quit screwing around!! GET IT DONE!! Time is ticking away. By the way... Why wasn´t I offered money for my eagle?  I´m glad to see Chris gave him a $100 dollars in change. Better than $100 dollars in ones. Looked like I was going to go to a ¨club¨... That would be a little difficult with Quarters! haha

Good news with Luis! His wife who is a member is returning to church and is planning to go to the temple! Now they are all really pushing him to get baptized. He now has a date for the 29 of June! We had a really spiritual lesson with a couple of the family members. The grandma that is 95 years old is going to get sealed to her husband that passed away. The whole family is now planning on going. Really giving a little bit of urgency to Luis. He is really excited to get baptized. 

So scary story for the week... Friday we are walking into our Apartment and we say Hi to a guy walking in also. He doesn´t pay any attention to us and keeps walking my comp walks faster and walks in front of him off to his side and says hello again. The guy finally responds and my comp looks down at him and starts to walk really fast. I jog a little to catch up to him and He says ¨Walk... Faster¨ He doesn´t speak any English but managed to say that. I ask why and he says ¨Do it¨ We walk faster and we get to our stairs and I look back at the dude and he´s got something in his hand. My comp tells me it was a pistol. We had no idea who the guy was and why he was there and why he had a gun. He snuck in through the gate where the cars come in past the gate guys. We were a little nervous.

So we have an hermana in our ward that every Sunday we have to give one of her family members a blessing. There was a week that the two sets of elders had passed by her house and she asked them and us for blessings for the whole family! We are trying to figure out how to tell her that´s not quite how blessings work. She is a single mom and has a 15 year old daughter that has a 1 year old baby. I thought that was crazy! but every time we go there we have to give blessings to everyone! Any advice on how to handle that one?

This week we destroyed! We had over 64 lessons, 7 with fecha, 5 in church, 23 new people and a baptism this Saturday! if you can pray for Valentina. She is part of the Catholic family and is going to be the example for the rest of them.

Dad is right I have learned a lot in my mission that I will be doing later in Life and with my future family! I have learned a ton! I have been a little frustrated lately because I feel like a get these promptings and then they end up backfiring. I feel like I should talk to someone and they end up being a jerk to us!

Well the husband of Edith went to a high priest activity and loved it. His wife told us he was dancing with his wife and laughing the whole time. I guess he really liked it. His name is Omar.  Daniela and Javiera (the daughters) have started working and Edith says they don´t have time but we helped her realize that what we are doing is more important and she is going to start being more direct with them. Pray for them!

We have a mission conference with everyone and President is having his last talk with us before he goes home. I´m a little ticked that I have gone 2 years with one MP and the last cambio I´m here he´s leaving! Kinda bummed. I might see Jason mitton... Depends on if he gets here right when I leave or if he gets here earlier. If he gets sent to the outside I won´t see him at all!

Well not much else happening. Still trying to get used to my comp! Thank you for the puppy postcard and the letters. Tell Ainsley to make sure she is happy also! Goodness I can´t wait to see that little stinker! She is so dang cute and funny. Her letters are really funny!

Well I love you all and miss you tons!

Elder Torgersen

P.S. Hope you like our picture!

No comments:

Post a Comment