Sunday, June 2, 2013

New Comp, Lots of Sucess

We did not think we were getting a letter this week but this showed up on Friday:

 
Hello Everyone!

Well as of this week I have gotten a new comp. He is from Santiago Chile and is about as tall as me but a little bit more heavy. He played soccer professionally before the mission. Everyone knows him as the really stubborn one that is always dropping the hammer on people. He was the one that was really kind of a jerk to me in Coihueco because he was my ZL. It´s a whole different story being on the other side. Now we are equals. haha I have busted up laughing every time he has called our districts. The missionaries are almost scared to talk to him. It is really kind of sad but it´s kind of funny.

I found out this last week that they closed Coihueco to Elders. There are now only sisters there. They said once I left nothing happened. They didn´t have any baptisms and nothing was happening. It is really kind of sad. I really hope that they can get someone in there that can help them out. 

Í´m glad to hear Ethan got ordained an Elder. Welcome to the Quorum! Sounds like it was quite the week of callings. Just hope I don´t get home and they throw a calling on me. Tell Ethan we both are going to go and take the ACT together to get it up. I just don´t have the attention span to sit there for four hours and take a stupid test. 

Tell Bailiegh to keep it up with the Tennis. Tell her to keep practicing. I´m excited to see her play.

Well.... We had a lesson this week with the Family Edith. Family Navarrete Rozas. We had a lesson with some members and it was really cool. The wife is basically begging the rest of the family to get baptized. I think it´s just about a matter of time before they fall in also. The dad, Omar, says he´s catholic but never goes and Is there every time we share. I think we will start to see a change in him. They just lent us two bikes so that we can get twice the amount of work done. We were 4 here but they had more missionaries leave this cambio than what got here. They had to close a couple sectors and take the elders out where there was 4. We are now in a house alone. We have got a huge area to cover now and we just took all of the old inv´s of the other sector. It has been crazy. We taught over 35 lessons this last week. It was so cool but we were running all over. 

We had a consejo today and were in Chillan until about 5. We just barely got home. We had a really good consejo with Pres, AP, and all the ZL´s. It is really cool to be on the inside of everything. You get to know all the secrets. haha

We are still waiting for Luis to get baptized. He changed his date again but said he was going to get baptized on the 29th of June. He promised that he was going to do it then. 

Well this week has been going really well. We are excited to get some people baptized. We are teaching a girl named Valentina that is really wanting to get baptized. Her whole family is catholic and we think she is a little nervous to do it. My comp told her that he was the first to get baptized and his whole family made fun of him and then they all started to fall in also.  We have been having lessons at Ediths house. They are really good friends now. I think The fact that Edith came to church 2 weeks and got baptized before Valentina is going to help her get to the water. Edith has got to be the best member ever. She has been telling all our investigator to get baptized and asking when they are going to do it... It has been so awesome!
 
 
I cannot believe how fast time is flying by. It is so crazy. I feel really wierd knowing that I am one of the older ones in the mission. I don´t like it. It really sucks that We go two years and get to the last 6 months and feel like I´ve learned a lot and get good at what we are doing and then we have to go home.

I´m excited about this next cambio with my new comp. We are going to destroy Conce. We got a lot planned to have a lot of success. 

Well got to go love you all

Elder Torgersen
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment