Monday, March 11, 2013

UHHHHH

HELLOOOOOOO FRIENDS AND FAMILY!!!

How is everyone doing? Well this week has been amazing! My time for Internet is slowing getting lesser and lesser. I am now in charge of sending in all of our zones numbers and it takes about an hour to do it all. So if my letters are getting shorter and shorter... that's why.

This week has been really funny. Lots of funny stuff happening.   I found a table that was in a storage room in the house and We were sharing a small round plastic table... I wondered why it wasn´t in our room. I took it out and tried to get it through the two doors to go into our study room... DIDN´T FIT. We tried everything... Stumped... we thought of other solutions... an elder from the other study room yells hey... pass it through the windows. We opened the front door of our 5th floor apartment and passed it from the door to a window to another window, through the window and set it in place. It worked!! I now have my own study table!!

This week started off really well. We started of Monday with 3 lessons and 3 news. We started the week off really well. By Thursday we had 7 news and a ton of lessons. Concepcion has been a whole lot harder finding news and teaching lessons. A lot of the people are stuck up and often rich. I was really ticked off at one of the elders in Chillan. He told me good luck baptizing people... Elder Wade already baptized everyone there. It really ticked me off. Elder Wade is the Assistant for the mission and is one of the only ones that isn´t a suck up. We have had a lot of success these last couple of weeks.

I have never laughed so hard as I did in church on Sunday. Our ward is full of little kids. There are a ton of kids from 0-3. I watched three little 2 year olds run laps around the chapel. I thought our INV´s were going to be mad. They ended up loving it. I watched a 2 year old kid body check another kid into one of the side doors in the chapel. I have never laughed so hard. It is really irreverent and we need to do something about it but it is so funny.

We have been really frustrated with the members here in our WARD. Yes mom it is a ward. The members keep telling our INV´s to wait and make sure they know 100%. They keep saying stupid stuff like I waited 4 years to get baptized. It´s driving us nuts!!! It´s not that we can just say, Hermana SHUT UP!!! We have to find a nice way to say to not say that kind of stuff. We currently have two investigators that are ¨waiting¨ to get baptized now. It is ticking us off.

We as ZL´s now have lots of benefits. I now have my personal cell phone. Each 1st Monday of every month we have a counsel of all the ZL`s in the mission and we think of stuff that could better the mission and then we all vote on it. Someone suggested that we each have our own cell phone... Hence I have my own cell phone. Now getting numbers and info from elders in our zone is a whole lot easier.

So I found out there were hermanas here in our sector until they got assaulted. We have a sector that is really sketchy and has lots of prostitution and drugs. It is really weird because we have members that live in this sector and are the complete opposite of everyone that lives there.

I had a really spiritual experience this last Wed. One of our DL`s had an interview. Guess who had the chance to do it... yes me! I had the opportunity to go and interview a really special case. The guy I had interviewed... has cancer. He has gone through chemotherapy and they have gotten the cancer narrowed down to his chest. He has a tumor right next to his heart and is having a surgery this next week and was really nervous about it. He really wanted to wait and see what was going to happen with the operation so he could have a clear mind. We knew he was going to be better off being baptized first and then the operation. My job was to go and help him decide to get baptized ASAP! I went and we watched the Video of John Tanner. The video is about the guy that has an infected leg and has to have it amputated. He meets the missionaries and they baptize him and bless him and his leg gets better. He loved the movie but was still a little hesitant. I interviewed him and have never felt the spirit so strong. He was amazing. He had lost all of his hair and was really skinny and white. During the interview he passed everything. I told him he passed but that I wanted to invite him to pray to know if he should get baptized this weekend. He told me he already knew he had to do it. I asked him what would impede him from doing it and he said he hadn´t bought any of the white clothes. I told him he didn´t need to worry about anything besides inviting the people he wanted there. He wanted certain people to be there and the only day he could do it was the next day. Yes it was a Thursday... but everything went well. The prayer at the end was what just about killed me. It was amazing. He had prayed and given thanks for meeting the missionaries in the precise time that he did and for being humbled to listen to our message. I couldn`t fight back the tears during his prayer. It was one of the most amazing prayers I have ever heard. We ended up going to his baptism and it was like he had completely changed. He seemed so happy. He had a huge smile on his face.

Answers to questions

16 elders in my Zone including office elders and A`s to MP

No we don´t speak at Conferences

Feeling 100% better!

Working at the MTC? no idea why? I have thought about it a little...

Well not much else happening... GOTTA GO!!! love you all.

Elder Torgersen
 

No comments:

Post a Comment