Monday, March 25, 2013

I'm going crazy!!



Hello friends and Family!

Well another crazy week as ZL! We have not had any time this week at all. This might be a short letter. We have lunch in 15 minutes with the Assistants. We have had a ton of meetings and trainings.

This week we started off the week going to the office after writing you guys. As we get into the office we found president and his wife. They were happy to see us. MP asked how I was doing as the new ZL. I told him I was still trying to get my head around everything. I talked to him for a good 10 minutes before they had a meeting. We got to talk about a couple things and I learned quite a bit. 

On Tuesday we got mobbed and attacked by a group of little kids. I swear there isn´t discipline here. I hate undisciplined Chilean kids. They run around doing whatever they want. We were walking through an apt. building that the government is paying for and its a lot of really rough families. We ended up getting attacked by a bunch of little kids with plastic clubs. It was a difficult experience because we couldn´t really do anything. Then a little old lady walked by and dropped the hammer on them and was threatening to smack them. It was hilarious. Things that cause so much frustration in the moment but are going to be awesome memories after. haha

We had interviews on Wed and it was really good. President talked to us about the Zone. He told us that this is the hardest Zone in the mission. It requires a lot to run it. He said he knew we could help build and straighten the Zone. We are in the City of Conce like right in the Center. It is the 2nd largest city in Chile. He told us that it has always been a difficult zone to work in. 

This week we had a mini cambio with the Assistants. They planned on getting here at about 5 and didn´t show up until about 8. They got here and we each split up with an AP. We then ended up getting a call from another sector needing an interview. We ended up having to have a mini cambio in a mini cambio. We had to drive over to their sector and there we split up with the elders there. The Ap ended up doing the interview and I left with an elder that´s name is elder Newby. Yes He is a newby. He will forever be the newby. He was way cool though. He just got here in the mission. So yes he´s a newby in two ways haha. We ended up finding a new family and taught about two lessons in a couple lessons. We didn´t end up getting home to my sector until almost 11. It is so crazy being a ZL. So after we got home we got a call from MP. He then tells us we have an emergency cambio and that we have to call an elder at 11:30 to tell him he´s leaving at 9 the next morning. Anything that could have happened... did!

The next day we ended up having to go to a DL meeting at 9:00 on Saturday morning. I have no idea why we had to be there but they trained a lot of the DL´s. 

We have been a little frustrated. We have a bunch of INV´s that are going to church but just don´t want to take the next step and get baptized. If you guys could pray for Luis Cumplido and Cecilia and Valentina. We are really struggling with them. 

So I think my comp has completely cursed me. He is known for forgetting stuff and being kind of clumsy. We all swear its contagious. The other day it was a little colder and we had just gotten home from a meeting, i think it was interviews. I changed from a suit to normal pants and threw on a sweater. We get to our first house and I go to pull out my planner out of my front pocket. I look down and I don´t have a tie... hahah I look at my comp and ask, Am I missing something? He says, Your name tag? I pull the sweater down a little and he busts up laughing. I had totally forgotten my tie. I cannot remember when I took it off. It was one of the funniest moments in my mission. 

We just got back from a really nice restaurant here in Conce. All of the ZL´s and the AP´s met here and we all pitched in $4.00 and we could buy whatever we wanted. Of course I bought Ribs and Fries! It was so good. I haven´t eaten at a restaurant in so long! It was really cool that we all met together to eat lunch. It was a blast. We were all laughing about stuff my comp had done. Two other ZL´s had been comps with my comp. 

Tell dad sorry for not replying to anything. I seriously don´t have time to do anything during Internet. The numbers is a pain in the butt. Good thing is... We swap off every week. So next week I should have more time. It´s cool to hear about the miracles he´s having in the Elders quorum. 

We are really excited for this week. We have a mini mission with a bunch of kids from the area. They are all traveling to different cities to take part of a mini mission. Each of us is getting a mini missionary. We will have a total of 8 Missionaries in our sector this week. We are excited to increase our numbers and find a bunch of new people. They get here on Thursday and we will work with them till Sunday. They will be with us all day and at night they will be staying with members, since they can´t stay with us. 

Well I´m excited to hear about Ethan and his mission call... Tell him to freaking hurry up!! Well I love you all and miss you tons.

Elder Torgersen

P.S. I´m closer to the office and can get mail quicker so write me :) Packages will also get here quicker hahha

No comments:

Post a Comment