Friday, March 22, 2013

Conce

Hello friends and Family!

Well this week has been full of miracles. It has been a pretty good week! 

Where to start... the guy that I interviewed this last week went in to the hospital for an exam. He went in and did the exam and the doctors were amazed. They found that not a single bit of cancer was in his body! I had told him in the interview that if he got baptized the exam would go better. Elder Anderson (my comp from the MTC) called Monday night to tell us that Juan Pablo was extremely happy and was basically in tears when he talked to the elders. When Elder Anderson called I put the phone on speaker phone... he then told us the news. We all froze, completely silent. We all shouted and screamed! It was so Cool!!

Monday at night we contacted to guys in the street. While we were contacting them we found out they were 1. Gay 2. drug addicts 3. atheists. They claimed they knew about our church but anything they were saying was the opposite of how it was. It ticked me off and I wanted to punch the kid. He ended up crumpling up the paper we gave him and threw it on the ground. We ended up just walking away.

We had been rejected a lot this week and was feeling a little down about it. I have been reading Jesus the Christ and it really hit me... Christ was rejected more than anyone else. I have really enjoyed reading Jesus the Christ. I have learned a lot about the life of Christ. I really realized as long as I am doing my job 100% that´s all I can do... no matter how many people reject me I can´t get down.

We have a family here in our ward that just got back from SLC and California. The daughter is 17 and the son is 13. They both speak English fluently and fly to Utah all the time. It was really weird to hear that they traveled basically to our house. They brought us back a bunch of stuff like beef jerky and a couple other gringo treats including a box of Peanut butter toast Crunch. It was amazing.

To go along with the gay, drug addicts and atheists we met a drunk/drug addict. He asked us for money and my comp asked him what he wanted. He told us bread so we told him we could go buy it for him. He walked with us until we got to the store and we asked the guy in the store if he had bread. Then the guy tells us no no no... I don´t want bread. He yelled at us and said a couple swear words and walked off... It was really funny.

I have been really getting frustrated with lazy people. I swear we just happen to find all the lazy people that say they want to change or do something... and then don´t. I´m so sick of hearing people say they will do something and then have them not come through with it. 

Well this week we had the pin in our shower that changes the water flow from the shower head to the spout. It was coming out the spout and we needed the shower head. It wasn´t a little thing you could take out and buy a new one. We ended up having to buy a whole new shower spout. Guess who was the only one who knew how to change it... yep. I fixed the shower this last week. The house we are living in is one of the best in the mission but was completely destroyed. We ended up cleaning it today and now it looks really good. Hermana Humphrey made everyone in the mission take pictures of the houses as were, Clean it, and then take pictures again. 

Well we have really been struggling with our INV´s. We have been teaching a pregnant lady and she has been a roller coaster of emotion. She either loves us or hates us. We are also teaching a 72 year old guy that has cancer and is wanting to wait until after his exams before he gets baptized. We are so frustrated because they want to get baptized but just won´t do it!

I got an email from a guy named Scott Troxel. You guys really need to send me a ward list with pictures so I know who it is that is sending me letters. Sounds like we have gotten a lot of new people in the ward. I can´t even remember many names. Speaking of members How is Sister Olsen Doing?

Well not much else is happening. I was wondering if there was a vitamin of something that will give me more energy! I´m falling asleep basically walking!

Love you all and miss you tons!

Elder Torgersen

No comments:

Post a Comment