Monday, March 4, 2013

Conce!!!

Hello friends and family!

 I just finished my first week in Conce! I´m absolutely loving it. It is a huge change from the little town I was in. It has been awesome! The City of Conce is huge! I have been absolutely loving it.

My new comps name is Elder Baucom. He is from SLC, Utah. He is a couple years older than me. He has two cambios left. He gets home in May. He is one of the hardest working missionaries I have met. We have really been working our butts off this week. We are excited to help each sector in the zone to baptize. We are really excited to have some success. 

 I am now in a place called Laguna Redonda, Concepcion. It is a huge sector and I am now living in an apartment with 3 other elders. It is really fun living with 3 others. I was really getting sick of just living with one other. We were with each other 24/7 and we couldn´t talk to anyone else in the house. I like living with 3 others because you get to know more people and its a little less stressful. 

Mmy comp is freaking awesome. He is really funny. He does stuff just about every day that I just bust up laughing. The other day we were walking out the door and he swung around and hit his head on a wall... I just about died laughing. We were doing contacts in an apt. building and the floors were really slippery. He ended up falling. (luckily it was only 3 stairs) I have never seen someone jump up so quick. He fell down and jumped back up and then asked if I was alright... He then said I needed to be more careful. It was so funny. He is constantly doing something funny. 

This week we had a ton of meetings and stuff to do. We ended up being really busy but were 100% obedient. We ended up finding 3 new families and taught a ton of lessons. We were pretty stoked about it. We had a family tell us, ¨it would be better if you guys could come back, but the next time.... with all the family!¨ It has been amazing the blessings we have been receiving. 

We had a Stake conference this weekend and Elder Corbrige, Elder Anderson and the Prophet talked to all of CHILE. I am still confused at why... They didn´t really say anything about the changes in missions or about the temple. It just seemed really random. 

I have given more blessings this week than I have in all of my mission. It has been a really crazy week with people sick.... Including me... I don´t get it but every time I get to a new sector I get sick. I have had a cough, sore throat, runny nose, and body aches. I couldn´t even get out of bed this morning.

Well good news... I will now be able to get mail a whole lot quicker. We live 15 minutes from the office and can personally walk in and get my mail. I got a bunch of valentines day cards today, along with a letter from grandma Kratchen, Camile Sanchez, and The primary. 

I am absolutely loving Conce. I had always wanted to be here. It was awesome. We didn´t have lunch the other day and called in pizza. I haven´t eaten pizza in more than a year. It was really cool. I feel like we are babied here in Conce. The house is really nice but the missionaries didn´t clean it. We have a member that brings us lunch every Thursday and her lunches are huge. It is really nice being able to walk into the office and get supplies and mail.

We had my first consejo on Wed. We meet as a mission with all of the ZL and asistontos and talk about goal and stuff we came better in the mission. We ended driving back to Chillan with Pres and his wife. They are really funny. His wife talked about all the missionaries that were getting married and about trips they have taken and president talked about the pope resigning. It was a funny 2 hr drive with president. Tell dad I wasn't called here to have pres keep an eye on me. Also I don´t have any regrets. I worked my butt off. 

I did find out that president really loved talking about me in the consejos with the leaders. Elder Baucom told me he had always talked about me. He said I was one of the Jr comps that really didn´t have the chance to show what I could do and then He moved me up to Sr comp and later kicked himself for not moving me up earlier. I Feel like I moved up really quickly. I don´t feel mature, old and serious enough to be a ZL. I´m having thoughts of inadequacy.

I´m really excited to help out the other missionaries and to lead by example. I have already learned a ton this week. 

Well not much else happening. I love you all and miss you tons!

Elder Torgersen 

No comments:

Post a Comment