Monday, February 25, 2013

Zone Leader

HELLO FRIENDS AND FAMILY!

¨Brethren, shall we not go on in so Great a cause? Go forward and not backward. Courage, brethren; and on, on to the victory! Let your hearts rejoice, and be exceedingly glad.¨

"There is no more compelling work than this, nor any which brings greater satisfaction. We challenge you to rise to a new sense of commitment to assist our Father in Heaven in His glorious work." -PMG

He aquí, yo me encargaré de vuestros rebaños, y levantaré élderes y los enviaré a ellos. He aquí, apresuraré mi obra en su tiempo.

Behold, and lo, I will take care of your flocks, and will raise up elders and send unto them. Behold, I will hasten my work in its time. DyC 88:72-73

The Lord is really hastening his work isn´t he? Wow!! We have received some crazy news!
 
Well big news today! I have officially lost 3 weeks of my mission. I´m not quite sure what to think about it... but I thought I would be stuck here in Coihueco for another Cambio... But...

Last night while I was calling my District for numbers one of the elders said that the mission has just been changed. Like you said there are now a lot more missions and a lot more missionaries. We have all been shifted down a couple cities in our mission. Santiago now has a Santiago Sur mission and Rancagua has been shifted down a bit. Rancagua has now taken every city North of Linares. We gained to Stakes in the South of Conce called Talcahuano. While calling for numbers I figured this out... I hang up and am talking to my comp when All of a sudden I get a call... GUESS WHO IT IS...! PRESIDENT HUMPHREY! I can tell you what that is one number you do not want to see show up on the day of cambios. He starts out asking me about the dog and my comp. Then leads on to say... Well Tuesday morning you will be on your way to Concepcion to be the next ZONE LEADER! I will be working right in CONCE!! 2nd biggest city in all of Chile!!! I´m a little nervous and thinking president has gone nuts... But I will be working with Elder Baucom (gringo) in Conce right next to president in the office. I´m really excited! Conce is supposed to be really difficult but I´ve always wanted to be there!

Well this week has been a whole lot better. Our numbers were a lot better and we felt a whole lot better. 

This week while I was washing dishes, I took a couple old sponges, threw them away, look up go to grab something that I thought was one of the wire sponge things we use, look up and there was a spider that was about half the size of my hand! I can tell you right now... I really am getting sick of finding little furry, scaly, or crawling things in the houses. You can´t escape them. Every time we get in the shower there are slugs everywhere!! Seriously the mission houses are the worst here. Just to let you ALL know not everything is like the PMG videos where they live in nice apartments with stoves, weights, AC and heating, and couches. If you couldn´t tell we don´t have any of those. 

I´m glad to hear Ethan doesn´t have anything wrong. That really kind of scared me this week. I had been praying especially for him this week. Glad to hear he is alright and has been cleared to serve. :) 

I would kill to eat lamb right now. The lamb ribs I ate with that family the other day were amazing. I really wish we were able to do that in the states. Buy a lamb kill it ourselves, cook it, and eat it! It was so good! I´m really missing sushi! Maybe when I get to Conce they will have some good lunch places we can hit up on Mondays!

We had been teaching a family of three this last week. Sandra, the mom, and here two daughters Camila and Katherine. We ended up having a really good lesson on the Plan of Salvation. We had taught it before and they didn´t understand at all. We had a FHE with them and made brownies. I have never seen so many fights over a couple pieces of brownie! They all Loved it!

Any news about ELDER BRACKEN? He passed by yet?

Hey if you guys could please send me some of the family pics and senior pics!!

It´s amazing how happy or how frustrated you can be on Sunday! Lets just say Sunday was not a happy day. We had a total of 6 people that were going to go to church and we only had 2! It´s so frustrating when they don´t do what they say they are going to do!

We found out today a kid was killed 2 blocks from our house! We are not sure what happened but I guess the kid was hitting on some kids girl friend so the guy stabbed him and threw him off the bridge onto the rocks and water... Good thing I´m leaving haha

I have just received revelation and I think Ethan will be Going to Argentina haha .I have no idea why but I had a dream he went to Argentina! 

No letters about end of mission or anything. STOP REMINDING ME!!!!

Well not much else happening! Love you all and miss you tons! 

Elder Torgersen

No comments:

Post a Comment