Thursday, February 7, 2013

Hello friends and family!

Well I´m extremely excited this week. We got the call this morning saying i´m staying in Coihueco and will be receiving a brand new greeny! Yes I will be training a newby! Which means hopefully I will have someone that will really actually try and help out.

I seriously hate the end of the cambio. It seems so slow because you are just wanting a new comp and wanting to get rid of the old one. I´m so sick of having to put up with his laziness. Luckily we will be going into Chillan tonight and will be staying with the ZL´s. Tomorrow morning we will be traveling to Conce to get my new comp.

Not really anything happened this week and it was really slow. I´m hoping next week goes a lot better.

A sister here in our branch told us something this week that made us really happy. She said that she has never seen two elders work so hard and have so much success in almost 5 years. It was really kind of funny but the sad thing is it´s true.

This week our president told the ZL that if every sector didn´t have 10 new people to teach and 3 in church they are basically failures. This week we were set with our goal of having three in church. We got a call Saturday night from the family of three saying that they had to leave to Santiago and weren´t going to be able to go to church. We had only found 4 news and needed six more. We were fasting to find the 6 more that we needed and weren´t having any success. We contacted for almost 3 hours and couldn´t get into a single house. We finally contacted a house of a family of 6... only problem... 3 were there. We ended up not getting our goals and called the zone leaders... they also hadn´t had any success.

Sunday we ended up going to a fireside that the dad of elder Bracken. I got one of his books free and took pictures with Elder Bracken and his dad. I got a picture with the Orange duffel bag also. It was really a cool deal. It was really funny but also really spiritual. They have family in Georgia and visit Destin Florida all the time. They also know the Hutchins. They connections they kept having with me were really weird. Elder Bracken is supposed to be passing by the house to meet you guys and to give you a bag of stuff. Gifts and everything.

I did get the package from grandma T. She came in clutch with the almond rocas. They were amazing. Tell her thanks. She should be getting a letter here soon and I´m working on some others.

Is there a Syndi Knowlton in our ward? I got a letter from her that was really cool. I guess she has 3 kids and each one of them has a certain disorder or handicap. The letter was really good. I´m also writing her a letter also.

This Sunday was awesome for us. Even though we didn´t have any INV´s in church, we had a bunch of RC get up and bare their testimonies. It was really cool.

Well not much really happened this week. Kind of a lame letter. I am excited to head to Conce to get my first kid. I´m gonna be a daddy! haha I´ll see how it goes this week. I´m really excited we have some pretty important lessons this week and I have two more interviews. Lets just hope they aren´t members already... Or gay.

Love you all and miss you tons.

Elder Torgersen

No comments:

Post a Comment