Monday, February 11, 2013

Training 1st Week

Hello friends and Family!

Well this week has been really slow and not too productive. Tuesday I took a bus into Conce to pick up my new companion. We all figured we would be training gringos. There were only 3 gringos training and we were pretty sure we would be training gringos. I was surprised to find out I would be training....

A Latino from Nicaragua. He is 18 years old and has a sister that is serving in Osorno. They left the MTC at the same time, started the same day. He does know a lot of English though so it has been pretty funny talking to him in English in the house. I have made sure we are being completely obedient. I´m not sure I like training though. haha its a whole different story. It is really a lot harder. It has been really funny though. He has been asking me if he can do stuff like eat, shower, and other stuff. I told him he doesn´t need to ask me, walk in the kitchen and get something. I has been really funny.

Well, I cannot believe how fast the time is flying by. I cannot believe I will be going home in August. It is really sad to think. I will probably only have one more sector. It has flown by. I have felt really weird this week... after seeing Elder Bracken leave and seeing how crazy that was... and then to see my kid just recently get here it reminds me of starting my mission and thinking it was never going to end and thinking how hard the language was. I´m just now feeling comfortable and good in the language and other stuff and before I know it I will be home. I had a really good talk with our BP. He just got home and is now the BP. He said it is a weird deal. You leave the MTC with obedience and diligence pounded into your head and you get here in the mission worried about yourself and making sure YOU are being obedient and studying for yourself and then you later move on to worrying about the families you are teaching and really studying to help them. I feel like I have really started to do that and I´ll be coming home soon.

I needed a hair cut this week and didn´t want to spend any money. Our BP Antonio has hair clippers and offered to cut my hair. I figured I would try it and try a new hair style. We were going to start out with a number 3 and ended up cutting with a number two. My hair is as short as I have ever had it. I really like it though...

I´m really excited to get home and see how everyone has changed. Sounds like Morgan is now a handful.

I was really devastated to hear that Sydney Bruning commit suicide. She always seemed so happy and cheerful. Her and her family and friends will be in my thoughts and prayers this week.

I have recently increased the Size of my district. We are now 6. AND we are ALL from different countries. It is really Cool.
We are USA= me,
Nicaragua= my comp Elder Rivas,
El Salvador=Elder Lopez,
Peru=Elder Vilchez,
Uruguay=Elder Bueno, and
Ecuador=Elder Lagla.

MINORITY!!!! First time I have ever been the only Gringo. It has been really funny because all of the missionaries are really cool. We are excited about this cambio. Only problem... cambio of 3 weeks. I have just lost the three weeks of my mission. Really sad.


Well I had my interviews this week and the people passed. It was kind of really awkward. We didn´t have chairs and had to sit on two beds that were next to each other. The room was blazing hot and we were dying by the time we got out. But I have gotten used to doing interviews and am starting to get a hold of the whole DL thing.

Well Not much else happening this week. Love you all and miss you tons!

Your Completely obedient missionary,
Elder Torgersen

No comments:

Post a Comment