Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Hello Friends and Family!

This week was also another slow week. We are still trying to get used to everything. I still feel really weird training. I have no idea what our MP was thinking. It has been a couple frustrating two weeks.

Sorry it´s gonna be short again this week. We really haven´t had much happening.

Well to invite my new comp into the house... our water heater broke. We have now been showering with cold water, and a sponge. Our front gate also broke and we now have to open it from the inside. Luckily today the owners have been getting it fixed.

I had to go into a little town called San Carlos. My comp and a newby from San Carlos had to go to Conce for a newby conference. I ended up going to work with a couple elders in my District. I got to meet a bunch of their investigators. They are actually doing really well.

Yes I did let my BP cut my hair. I figured it was worthless to pay someone to do a crappy job and not pay someone and do a better job than paying for one. He ended up taking a number 2 to my whole head. I really kind of liked it. Something new.

I have really been struggling this week because of the whole training thing. It is really difficult because at times he thinks he knows everything. I have been open to his ideas so I have been trying to let him work how he wants and find out what works and what doesn´t. It has still been really difficult.

The two days I was in San Carlos was a little crazy. It has been blazing hot and with 4 crazy elders in one house... not good. 4 Elders in one house... each companionship had lunch in another part of town. We ended up getting back to the house late. We walk in the front gate, and all of a sudden... water hits me in the face and all up my tie. I look up to see an elder from Uruguay standing on the balcony with a squirt gun. It turned into a little water fight during lunch. Probably not something a bunch of elders should be doing but it was blazing hot and it kind of took off a little stress. We also short sheeted a couple of their beds and took apart a clogged and broken toilet (I didn´t help I laughed and watched.)

I found out while I was there I had to watch my back pack. I guess the last week they put a couple plates, liter of milk, and a bag of sugar in one of the other elders back packs. He had No idea until he got into a house and opened his bag. It was hilarious. They are a little crazy...

My companion Is Elder Rivas, six in his family, sister is serving in Osorno. Left at the exact time as him, All are members, still don´t have a picture. We haven´t really thought about that haha

It´s really cool to see all the mission calls. A lot of them are going stateside. Tell Ethan to stay excited.

Our investigators finally got back from Santiago. We are thinking we are going to have 3 more baptisms. I had a dream Last night they got baptized. We are really hoping they come to church this sunday. We have a FHE with them tonight and we are hoping to get them to come to church this sunday.

Love you all and miss you tons. I need some ideas for an activity that is simple and fun and something that is going to get members and inv´s there. We are getting sick of having Act´s and then no one shows up.

Well not much else this week love you all miss you tons!

Elder Torgersen

No comments:

Post a Comment