Monday, October 22, 2012

What a week

Hello Friends and Family!

Well this week was really all over the place. I don`t know whether to count it as a good week or a bad week. There was all sorts of stuff happening. 

First off tell Ethan he is a beast. That is so cool that he was on TV. Tell him To keep doing work and to prepare for his mission.

Well we had our baptism on Monday and Daniela was really excited. Her family was really excited also. We had the baptism so we didn`t have much time to leave and teach. Our ZL`s ended up coming to the baptism and they were really happy about the work we are doing here.

Wed we ended up having interviews with the MP. It was a completely different interview from the last time. He was really happy and had the biggest smile on his face. He was really excited about what we have been doing. He asked me how I was doing and how I was feeling about the success we have had. He said that he had given me a chance to step up and he said I took a huge step up. He said the sector was close to being completely dead and I have flipped the sector around. He was really excited for us and the success we were having. 

After interviews we asked the Asistontos if there was any mail... We went to the truck and we looked around for a minute and couldn`t find anything with my name on it. Then as we are getting ready to leave he yells oh wait here`s one. He threw me a little package that had my name on it. Guess what it was... The package from Kelsi the girl from Colorado. I really didn`t think she was gonna send me something. I waited until we got home to open it. When we got home, we opened it to find about 8 wrapped presents inside with a letter and a picture. Each gift had a saying on it relating to what was inside. My comp was busting up laughing... Next thing I know he`s opening the letter with the picture on it. I was really surprised... She`s really cute. She sent me a Spiderman Yo-yo (I now have a batman and a spider man yo-yo) Stride gum, a tie, Twizzlers, gummy bears, a recipe book, and beef jerky. It was really kind of cool haha. My comp has not stopped talking about it. I think he was just as excited as I was.

Well, Friday after lunch my comp ended up getting sick and no one was able to stay with my comp so we could leave and go teach. I spent all  day long in the house. I was so bored. I had studied, watched finding faith in Christ, and the restoration video a couple times, cleaned, and just sat there. I was so bored. 

Saturday we finally were able to work and it was one of the worst days in my mission. We left lunch to teach a family. Got there, taught them and then left. We were close to another INV.. so we decided to go by and visit her and her family. We were outside her fence yelling ¨Ahlo¨ when her neighbor walked outside of her gate and told us she had just left. I asked her if she knew if she went to her moms house... She said she didn`t know... All of a sudden some short, little guy, that reached to about my chest comes walking out and starts screaming and swearing in Spanish. We had started to walk away and all of a sudden he runs, almost falling over, to get right in front of me. His hands and legs were all tore up and was bleeding. He gets right into my face and starts screaming that he`s gonna kill me. He grabs my shirt and raises his fist like he´s going to punch me. Then the neighbor pushes him and he lets go. She then says that we should leave. We start to walk away and he gets back up and starts running at us. We hadn`t realized that he had gotten up and started running at us. Next thing I know I feel a foot hit my butt. He literally ¨kicked my butt...¨ It was kind of funny. but he grabs my sleeve again and gets into my face, I shove him off and then his mom comes running out of a nearby house. She tries to grab him and get him to let go of my sleeve. The whole time I`ve got my hand in a fist ready to clock him. I`m really surprised I didn`t drop him right there in the middle of the street. Then his little sister that was about my age comes running out and drills him. It kind of looked like the picture you sent me of Ethan hitting the Lone Peak Quarterback. He falls back and smacks his head on the concrete harder than I have ever seen someone hit the ground. We didn`t want to leave because we weren`t sure if he was gonna fight back with his mom and sister. She tells us she`s fine and to just go ahead and leave. We left and later found out they ended up having to call the police to come get him. It was quite the experience. My comp had basically started to run when he first got into my face. I told him thanks for backing me up after we were walking away. he just kind of laughed and said He thought I had it under control.  We passed by on Sunday night to visit the family and the neighbor was like, ¨oh I`m so glad to see that you guys are fine, I thought you guys would never come by here again.¨ I thought it was kind of funny. She said my comp looked pretty shook up. I haven`t had anything like that happen in a long time so my adrenaline was sure pumping but I wasn`t really scared because I knew he had been drinking. The neighbor and the family said that he is constantly drunk and deals with alcoholism. 

Saturday not even 5 minutes after we walk away from the little drunk dude ,that for some reason wanted to kill me, We find the neighborhood GAY. He I guess has always had a thing for the Gringos and is always saying stuff to them as they walk by. He walks up to us and asks when we are gonna come visit him and his family (his family are members) We told him we would come by another day (yes I`m sorry I lied But I`m sure God will let this one go...)He shakes my hand really creepily and we walk away. Then we decided to go visit a member because supposedly her neighbor is a member with a couple kids that aren`t baptized. There one of the little kids beat me with a stick. By the time we left the house my elbow was swollen. It was kind of funny because the broom down here is the multi tool used to sweep, clean cars, mop, and beat kids. 

We then were walking to a lesson with a member. The RM that just got home. I have my little fanny pack looking bag that I use when It´s hot to put my scriptures in. Then another drunk guy in the streets walks up, puts his arm around me and asks how to say something in Spanish. I hadn`t realized it but he spilt a little beer on my bag. Luckily didn`t get my scriptures. Then we were on a corner talking to the member asking what we could have done better when a bird flies by dropping a little present on my shoulder. I was just about fed up by that time. We walked home and I had to end up cleaning everything. 

The ZL`s called last night and told me that I`m doing an awesome job here and that they got compliments from a couple people from the stake presidency. I guess I didn`t know but someone from the stake was in one of our sacrament meetings and they told the ZL`s that they couldn`t remember our names but the two short, small, really happy Elders in Coihueco are miracle workers. They called to tell me that multiple people noticed us when we went to watch conference and other people that had visited Coihueco were really impressed. I guess A lady in their ward said those to short elders in Coihueco just look so happy, They must be the worlds best missionaries. I thought it was really funny. We know that someone from the stake came yesterday, It was a good day to have him their because We had a total of 8 INV. In church. we had an attendance of 40 and 8 were INV´S.

Well this week we should have another baptism. His name is David. His mom told us the other day that she has no idea what we are teaching him or what he learns at church but he is really starting to be more obedient. She said she really likes it, she still doesn`t want anything to do with us but she`s happy about her son. 

This week we have been writing notes for INV`s and leaving them in random spots in their houses. It has been a lot of fun. We have received multiple phone calls after we leave saying they found our notes and were really happy. It has turned into a game. We try to find ways while we are teaching to hide notes in the house in random spots. It has been a lot of fun. 

I have gotten the Birthday cards from Gma and Gpa. Also the Cousins. Tell them all thanks. I am writing two letters for each set of Grandparents.

Yeah yeah yeah quit reminding me of how much time I have. goodness. It`s bad enough I get it from my comps.

The dog, is slowly starting to disappear. He still sleeps outside of our fence and he eats garbage. He attacked another dog the other day to steal a piece of bread it had in its mouth. It was really funny. My comp is even starting to get sick of him. The other day my comp (same comp that said we couldn`t drive it out to the campo and leave it there) kicked him and told him to go away. He is constantly walking in front of us. Don`t feel bad for him. He looks like a zombie dog. I think he already died it`s just reflexes that somehow keep him moving.

Well this week should be great. Miss you all and love you lots. Thanks for everything.

Con Amor,
Elder Torgersen

Thought I`d send my own thoughts and quotes...

Smile Well and often. It makes People wonder what you`re up to.
-Sachel Paige

My people must be tried in all things,... He that will not bear chastisement is not worthy of my kingdom.
D&C 136:8

No comments:

Post a Comment