Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Oct 29th

Hello Friends and Family!
 
How´s everyone doing? Well this week was a lot better than the last... Didn´t have to deal with any drunks. All around it was a good week. Glad you all thought it was funny a drunk guy tried to fight with me. Thanks guys...
 
First off HAPPY BIRTHDAY AINSLEY!!! I LOVE YOU!! Hope you have a great birthday. Tell mom and dad they need to do COMPLETOS this year for Halloween. Tell them they need normal hot dogs with palta (avocado) tomatoes, ketchup, mustard, and mayo.
 
Well it´s sad that football is over. Tell Ethan He´s gotta send some film clips to some colleges to see if anyone offers.
 
So... I had a feeling I had to pass by the family of the drunk guy... We ended up passing by the drunk guys family. They let us in... we sat down and started teaching them. Meanwhile my comp looks on the book shelf and sees something, He asks if they are members... EVERY SINGLE ONE OF THEM, except for the drunk that kicked me was a member and baptized. We were kind of bummed that every single one of them were members and weren´t coming to church.
 
This week we had a meeting with our mission leader and off course he had more to complain about. He told us about 20 things we were doing wrong. I´ve just let it go in one ear and out the other. It´s ridiculous. We are the only Elders to Baptize in this little town in over 8 months. I´m doing the best I can working with a comp that is basically a roller coaster of emotion, stupid dog that follows us everywhere, with little support from members. He was getting mad because I guess at one point we both had our hands in our pockets. He told us we had to sit straight the whole three hours we were in church and we needed to shine our shoes. The stuff he was saying was just stupid stuff to lecture us. Luckily he wasn´t here for our baptism on Saturday. He has a son in Brazil right now and he said if he knew that his son was doing the stuff we were doing he´d smack him. He said that everyday he sends his son an email of something he has to do. SHINE YOUR SHOES, Cut your hair, stuff like that. I´m glad I have the parents I have. He is just ridiculous. . I guess the whole branch has had problems with him and his family. They are all the same. I asked the BP if we could swap him for one of the returned missionaries and he said he couldn't. I guess when they moved here he told the Stake President he had to be president because he was the only married and endowed member here. I guess that didn´t go over very well with them. I guess he has to be in some kind of Leadership position.
 
This week we had a futból activity and we played against some friends of a member. They were all 18-20 years old. It was really funny because they were all decked out in there soccer clothes and shoes and were all doing crazy tricks with the ball. My comp, a couple of members and I played against all of them. I learned I had been playing the wrong sports in high School. I should´ve played soccer. I had 3 goals and an assist. It was really funny because my comp is horrible at soccer. (funny how that happens, I always end up with the Latins that don´t like sports our like them but are horrible) It was really funny because he was on the right side of the court and I was on the left. I stole the ball from a kid and ran down the court on the left side. Last second before going out of bounds, I kick the ball to the right, Basically smacks my comps foot and goes in. Basically my goal cuz my comp didn´t really do anything but we all went crazy like it was his goal. It was really fun. I think when I´m home I´m gonna make goals out of PVC and teach the young men in the ward how to play Baby or Futsal. It is so much fun.
 
Saturday we had another baptism. We baptized a kid named David. He´s the best friend/neighbor of a member and is awesome. We purposely didn´t call him the past couple of weeks to invite him to church to see if he would come. He ended up calling us asking if we were going to church. I just hope he stays active. I´m sick of people judging our converts. Everyone keeps telling us that he doesn´t have any support from his family and that he´s gonna lose motivation to go to church. It doesn´t matter who we baptize and how awesome they are. People still complain about the converts.
 
 
I will have to send some pictures of the package she sent me. And yes she does right every week. Unlike others... She´s seen my Facebook so I have no idea... She´s in her Senior year. She´s wanting to serve a mission now though... hahah so yeah.
Well,

No comments:

Post a Comment