Tuesday, June 5, 2012

June 1st

Hello friends and family!

How is everyone doing? Hope fully mom feels better and dad gets
better. Tell him he needs to stop getting sick. Well, I had written a
letter and tried to add pictures and then my letter disappeared. It´s
not in my Drafts either. SO.. here we go again.

Well not much has happened this week. We did have a pretty cool lesson
with a younger lady with two kids. She has two kids, a ten year old
and a 10 month old baby. The baby had been sick and was screaming and
crying when we got to her house. She looked like she was about to lose
it. Anything she did he would cry. I finally decided to take him. The
second I took him he stopped crying. I distracted him while my comp
taught. My comp was able to teach her and she actually accepted a date
to be baptized. After the lesson she asked me how I did it. I told Her
I didn´t know and she said I have a gift with little kids. I thought
it was pretty cool.

I did receive three letters this week. One from Traci, Grandma
Kratchen, and Valentines day cards from forever ago. (thanks mom).
Thank you all for the letters.

Thursday I got a really bad aching pain in my shoulder like I had had
before but worse. At lunch we talked to brother in the ward and he
ended up checking my arm and shoulder and he said that I have
inflammation and little balls inside the muscles of my shoulder and
along my shoulder blades. He also said that my trap is tighter than he
has ever seen. The wife of the bishop works in massage and muscles and
I had her check it also and she said the same thing. I have been
taking pills but nothing helps. I´ve tried to not sleep on it but It
still aches in the morning. I talked to presidents wife and she set up
a time to go get it checked. I was worried she was going to call you
guys. I knew she would. Did it worry you guys? What else did she have
to say? I absolutely love her she is a hoot. She is totally spoiled.
President is loaded and she told us one day during a conference that
¨President makes the money and she spends it.¨ It is quite funny. She
is totally decked out with jewelry and purses. She is hilarious
though. She basically is the mission mom.

This week we will have the interview with Benjamin to be baptized this
week end. We are pretty excited. He took our phone the other day to
see what day his baptism was. He also put an alarm in his phone to
remind him of everything. for ex... lessons, interviews, baptism...
He is awesome. We had a really cool lesson with him and a joven in our
ward. They are pretty much best friends now. But the kid in the ward
is about 6 feet tall and he is pushing 5.

What´s the latest on JD? How´s he doing? Anyone else?

Tell Grandma Torgersen to feel better and that I love her. You guys
can´t sell their house. We´ve got too many memories their. And if we
were to go down there where would we stay?

Tell Traci and Dan I will be praying for them.

You tell me I need to label my pictures... I do. and you still have
troubles with it. Her name is Antonia. She´s ten years old and the
cousin Of Cristobal. Also I will find out the address and full name of
our ropa lady. She is awesome. We were playing soccer and I ended up
getting a grass stain all up the side of my shorts and garments. I
took them to her and said sorry hermana but I don´t know how your
going to clean this. I feel bad whenever I have something really dirty
or a lot to clean. She told me not to worry. She even cleaned the
extra sheets I had (since I haven´t washed them since I got here.
Finally bought a second set) She is awesome. She makes sure we don't
need anything and always gives us bread or cake when we pick up the
clothes.

We talked to our Bishop this last week for about an hour for ideas for
the ward, contacts, and lessons. He told us all about the funny
situations he had. He told us he was doing contacts in an apartment in
a hall. His comp spread out across the hall, got above the door with a
book of mormon and he contacted the house. The lady answered the door
and he introduced himself and said that he had a sacred book from the
heavens... Just then his comp dropped the book into his hands. He said
the lady busted up laughing and ended up getting baptized. He gave us
some great Ideas for contacts and I´m excited to do some. Speaking of
that. Ask Chris where his letter is...? Dad said he sent it but I
never got it.
Also ask dad if he has any creative ways to do contacts or ways to
teach lessons. Anything he can remember from his mission or maybe
people in the ward. I´m just about sick of contacting door to door.

Well this week we decided to drop some people that weren´t keeping
commitments. I hate doing it but they weren´t progressing. This week
we are going to focus on finding news.

Well not much else happened this week. I love you guys and miss you tons.

Con amor,
Elder Torgersen

No comments:

Post a Comment