Monday, June 25, 2012

June 18th

Hello Friends and family!
How is everyone doing this lunes? Well it has been raining almost this whole week. We have only had a couple hours of sunshine throughout the week. It has been pretty much raining all week though. It has been quite funny this week. We´ve been doing a lot of contacts.
This week while doing contacts we decided to mix it up a little and joke around a little. We were trying to say stuff interesting to make people listen or make your companion bust up laughing. We were doing a contact and my comp was talking to a older lady and she said she was catholic. My comp then asked, ¨oh so how long have you been in Apostasy?¨ she replied with, ¨oooohhhh mucho tiempo... since I was a little kid¨ I couldn´t help but laughing. The next contact was even worse.... We contacted a guy that thought he could speak English. He kept trying to tell me the shampoo head and shoulders means head and neck. We told him we could teach him a little English and he said he had talked to elders like us before. Also he told us I know about all the different churches. I´ve talked to the catholic church, the evangelicos, and the testic.... testigos de jehova.¨
He almost said testiculos. My comp and I busted up laughing and couldn´t stop. Totally inappropriate but I couldn´t stop laughing. The whole day was filled with funny things like that.
Tuesday morning we had a surprise conference. We found out Monday night that we had a conference in the morning. It was a really great conference. Tell the ward thanks for the two BOM´s the kids testimonios were awesome. But... I don´t know what to tell them. We get boxes of BOM every 3 weeks. We have a ton. and it cost $18 to send 2 to me. I don't know what to do. I feel like that´s a waste because we get them for free and it cost so much to send them.
We were supposed to go to the doctor on Wed but my comp called the doctor and forgot to tell me that we had to go in between 8-10. I was a little bothered about that. When he wants to do something We have to do it right then. If I have to buy something, go to the doctor, cut my hair, etc... then we have to wait. All of the comps I have had have been like that. I don´t know how to deal with it because it drives me nuts.
Last weekend Benjamin had a meeting with the bishop to receive the priesthood. This last Sunday he received it. He was really excited. We are trying to work on his parents now. He is going to be awesome. He told us he wanted to serve a mission. The ward is really good at inviting new members in a really taking care of them.
We have been teaching the family of 5 with the 3 little girls. Their family is awesome. We watched the Joseph smith movie with them and after I had a feeling to share the book of Mormon with them. The were all saying before that it was hard to believe that god and Jesus Christ appeared to him. We shared the BOM with them and the dad said he was going to start reading it the next couple of days. They told us at the end of the lesson that the story of JS. was a little crazy but we have evidence that it happened. They said they are starting to change their minds.
I got the name of the ropa lady. Her full name is Carmen Yeny Rivas Freire. President said if you send something send it to me through the mission and If I´m still here I can give it to here... If not the other missionaries can. Hermana Yeny likes to cook so the store you work at is perfect. Hermana Humphrey said to buy the silpat for her. I don´t know what you had in mind.
The scarf you bought me was kinda crappy. I´ve tried to wash it but it doesn´t matter the thing scratches my neck. I´ve bought a couple other cheap ones that are great.
The answer to Chris´ question is... that the mission has had a lot of new missionaries come in so they took all the DVD players to see which ones worked, which ones needed to be fixed and which ones needed to be tossed. I haven´t had a chance to even watch one video yet. I think I´m going to keep the Dvd´s in my back pack for when we teach families with little kids. Which leads on to my next question... We have the neighbor that works in store where I got the camera... She told us we could buy a really nice personal DVD player for pretty cheap. The problem is most of the families here Have a TV but don´t have a DVD player or can´t find the remote. I can buy a cable to use with a personal DVD player to use when teaching with videos to use with their TV. I don´t know if that is an option or what?
Well not much else has happened this week. It has been kind of slow and a lot of contacts. Well Love you guys and miss you tons.
Con Amor,
Elder Torgersen

No comments:

Post a Comment