Monday, June 25, 2012

Happy Half Christmas!!

Hello Friends and family
How is everyone doing? Well this week it stopped raining but it has been freezing cold. They are saying tomorrow it is supposed to be 4 degrees C. and is supposed to snow here in Chillán. We will see what happens. My comp has never seen snow so i´m kinda hoping it does. Well this week has been kinda normal. Nothing to big happening.
 
We went to the doctor Friday and this morning. They ended up doing the electrode thing with the ultra sound. It´s starting to feel a whole lot better. It is just kind of a pain taking an hour out of our morning to do it.
 
This week we have found a lot of new people but they have all been nuts. While we pray they shout and yell AMEN, or Si Señor. it is so annoying and distracting. They claim that they understand the bible but I have no idea which bible they are reading. It is so amazing how lost or how stupid people can be with the bible. One lady kept telling us that the bible is the word of god and there isn´t anymore. I made her read 2 nephi 29: 7-11. She then finally said she would pray and ask god if she should read it. I was so frustrated. I was ready to smack her over the head with the BoM. She just couldn´t get it into her head that the Book of Mormon was written by the prophets here in the Americas. Obviously she didn´t understand verse 9 of chapter 29. ¨because that I have spoken one cword ye need not suppose that I cannot speak another; for my dwork is not yet finished; neither shall it be until the end of man, neither from that time henceforth and forever.¨ We have had a week of people like that. We were a little frustrated.
 
GOOD NEWS!!!!! We met with Robinson and he finally accepted a fecha to be baptized. He and his daughter are getting baptized the 21 of July! We are meeting with them tonight to talk more. It has been awesome to see a complete change in him from not wanting to be baptized again to wanting to get baptized with his daughter.
 
We had a lesson with the single mom that has two kids. the little kid that was sick and crying until I took him... We met with her and taught her about the Restoration. She understood everything and it made complete sense. Her mom came in and was sitting next to the wood stove and then asked us a random question about God. Her parents would always go in the back room when we got there. She had started to listen a little when she randomly asked a question. We then taught her about baptism and she started ragging on her own religion. She started asking us why the catholic church does some of the things they do. She was basically like ¨why am I catholic, just because it´s a ¨tradition¨ in my family.¨ She told us she would be baptized but only if she doesn´t get her face wet. She was a little worried about that. She almost drowned when she was little so she is deathly scared of water. Don´t worry we are working on it! ;)
 
After the mom came in the dad soon followed. We had already finished teaching. So we started talking to him about work. He finally opened up and started really talking to us. He takes the packing crates and makes pictures frames. He uses the same metal things that dad uses for shutters and they are actually pretty cool looking. It reminded me of dad and his shop. I think the next time we teach them they will all listen.
 
We decided to have a dinner for our neighbor who helped me buy the camera. The last hour on Saturday we had a little dinner for her. She is the Girlfriend of our neighbor that is a member. They are getting married at the end of the year so we decided to have a little dinner for her celebrating that, her birthday, and for helping us get really good discounts. It was really cool. She was really surprised when she opened the door to find us all in the house with a dinner made.
 
Saturday morning we helped an older lady that is in our ward. She lives kinda far away and during the storm she had three huge trees fall. We had to use an axe and a saw to cut it up and take it out. It took us three hours to take out the first half. The biggest tree I have ever seen. We really could´ve used dads machines. A chainsaw would have been awesome.
 
We are teaching a family that started out as the dad and a daughter and now it is the dad, the daughter, three other daughters, and two friends. A couple of them are a little snakey and kinda scare me. We went by to teach them yesterday and the friend that isn´t really cute... asked me what I was doing this weekend. I told her I would be teaching and visiting families. She said that there is a car race and she has no one to go with. She asked me if I would go with her.... Never before would I think I´d get asked out on my mission. I told her I couldn´t go and after that she was kinda mad. I´m thinking we are going to have to drop her... she doesn´t seem like she will progress. Luckily she isn´t there very much. My comp busted up laughing after we left and said that he´s never had a comp that has had a snake so bad.
 
This last week we went to a recent converts house and she ended up giving us her old oven that she just took out. We celebrated our awesome find by making German pancakes. We found out that the missionaries before could have walked around the block to get a free oven, and a couple free couches. Our house has been destroyed by other missionaries. The walls are covered in mold and who knows what. I took our multi tool, or broom, and some bleach water to clean the walls. It drives me nuts that none of the other missionaries care for the houses and then we have to deal with it.
 
Well not much has happened this week. I was a bummed to hear Megan lost her baby. Tell her I am praying for her. I can not believe it has been a year since Cristian was baptized that seems like yesterday. Tell him Happy Birthday for me. That´s funny you saw Julie in the store. I have always kinda thought she was cute.  We were eating lunch at a members house and heard about the fire in Utah on the news. We had heard it has burned a ton of acres of land. Tell dad to choose the shop that is the biggest, best, and cheapest... haha Tell Tonto to not be tonto and bleach his hair. I can only imagine what it looks like. Curly hair in a Mohawk bleached blond? what was he thinkin? I wanna see the backyard. Send me a picture of the retaining wall. I wanna see how it turned out.
 
July 8th we will know what happens with cambios. It is a really good chance that my comp goes. We had a stake conf. yesterday and president and his wife showed up. Prez asked my comp how long he had been there and he said 6 months and prez just said pffff.... adios. There is a good chance within the next couple cambios I could be either training or a Sr. Comp. We have 11 people leaving this cambio and 26 leaving the next. The mission is about to become really young.
 
Also tell the primary thanks a lot for the Books of Mormon. The testimonies were awesome. I am looking to give them to someone and translate their testimonies.
 
Well thank you all for everything. Thanks for the support and prayers. I love you all and miss you tons.
 
Con amor,
Elder Torgersen

No comments:

Post a Comment