Monday, April 30, 2012

Volcanes

Hello Friends and Family!

First of all I wanna say FELIZ CUMPLEAÑOS A MI MAMA! Wooo How old are
you now? (I´m not there to give you a hard time so I´ll do it through
email)  Well this week has been a little crazy. week full of
crazy\weird happenings.

Chad Lewis and his wife spoke at the MTC when I was there and He was
an awesome speaker. I took a ton of notes from his talk. He talked
about the opportunities he had to talk about the gospel playing
football.

It sounds like the kids at home need some discipline. I thought it was
bad here in Chile... Tell the kids I won't send them any cool Chilean
stuff if they keep that up. (still haven´t sent any letters or
packages. I have letters written for a ton of people but can never get
to the post office)

I keep trying to buy some of the winter stuff I need but my card won´t
work. I don´t know if I don´t have money on it or what! I kinda need
that figured out. I am walking in my new sector and Raul and Raquell
were still waiting for their papers. If we end up coming back to chile
they said We could stay with them. They were crying when I left and I
ended up giving both of them huge hugs.

Not only has the water been a trouble, this week our shower head
broke. The clip that holds the shower head snapped off. We had to
shower holding the shower head in one hand. Then I went to put
something in our freezer to see that there was so much ice in the
freezer that there was only about a 3 inch gap between the top and
bottom. We had a bunch of stuff in the refrigerator so we couldn´t
just unplug it and wait till it melted. We broke out some ice to find
a frozen coke cup in the back. We pulled it out to find a hole behind
it and all of a sudden air came out. Two days later an orange liquid
came out. When we got back to the house the house had a really strong
smell and gave us head aches. We ended up having to take the refri out
of the house and open all the doors and windows and turn on 2 fans. We
called Elder Clawson, the senior couple in our mission, to get it
fixed and we found out his family was in chile and wouldn´t be in the
office till Tuesday. We had to take our food over to our neighbors
house to keep it cold. Hopefully tomorrow we can get it fixed.

We were walking to a cita the other day when we passed a lady sweeping
up leaves and a bunch of dust. We passed her and I stopped and for
some reason with out thinking ran back to help her. Usually when we
offer to help people they tell us No really rudely and then we just
walk away feeling stupid. When I got around the fence She was trying
to dump the leaves into a garbage bag, I didn´t ask I just helped her.
I grabbed the bag and opened it so she could dump it in easier. She
surprisingly was happy to see us offer to help. When we finished we
asked if we could help her with anything else. Surprisingly she did.
After We helped her she invited us into her house to have a bebida and
some cookies. We talked about our families and what we did before our
mission and eased in the Gospel. She started out telling us she was
catholic to accepting a fecha and letting us come back another day. I
still have no idea why I stopped and walked back to help her. It just
kinda happened.

While visiting a member the other day her little cat started to climb
up my leg. It´s claws started to scratch me and my comp started
busting up laughing cuz I was trying to pull it off. He then picked it
up while saying, ¨Venga, Yo soy Macho!¨ It started to climb his leg
and I´ve never heard such a girly Owww in my life. I´ve been bugging
him about it all week haha.

As a mission we have decided to read the Book of Mormon in 3 months
and I want to invite you guys to do the same. I´m amazed at how much I
missed reading it before.

We had a mini cambio last week with the DL and I went to the other
sector, I came back to the house to see that half of my food was gone.
I was ticked. The elder that came to our house ate a big bag of potato
chips, a loaf of my bread, and my cereal. You wanna know what he had
at his house... Crappy Chilean Raisan Bran with powdered milk. I was
so mad. This elder has 2 cambio´s less than me and doesn´t do
anything. The last week I had the cambio with him in his sector and I
ended up doing everything.

You will have to tell Mckenna all the missionaries want to write her.
Aunt Shondra sent me a picture of her kids and everyone thinks she´s
really cute. They also think she´s my girlfriend.

Tell Cristian I´m excited to hear he is getting his blessing. Tell him
now he has to work on his mission papers. I´m really expecting him to
serve a mission.

Okay what´s the real story on the trumpet sounds and the Micro chips?
We have a bunch of people claiming they have heard trumpets at 3 in
the morning and that Obama passed a law that We have to get a micro
chip in our right hands. I guess that goes along with the scriptures
in revelations and everyone is freaking out about it. is it Real?

The ward here in Volcanes is awesome. We actually have ward
missionaries, the mission leader actually does something, the bishop
is awesome, and the members are awesome and actually support us.
Linares was a little different than here. I´m excited to work here.

Well not much has happened this week. I´m getting along great with my
companion and we´re doing work out here. My comp is constantly
laughing at me for the ways I do things like cleaning. I have no idea.
We are pretty much best friends. Well I miss you all and look forward
to talking to you guys in two weeks. Holy crap TWO WEEKS AND I TALK TO
YOU GUYS. I´m excited.

Con amor,

No comments:

Post a Comment