Monday, May 7, 2012

YEAHHH!

Hello Friends and Family,

Well this week has been kinda funny. Lots of random, funny things happening.

First off, we had Conference this week. Elder Duncan of the Seventy
came to speak to us. He was awesome. I took 6 pages of notes from him.
The night before the conference we found out 4 elders were coming to
stay in our house with us. Wanna take a guess at who it was...? Yep
you guessed it. Last comp, E´ Andrade. Let´s just say the night ended
quickly before it got awkward. I did find out that RAUL AND RAQUELL
ARE GETTING BAPTIZED!!! They were supposed to get married Saturday and
baptized today. We will find out if that happened today.

I did get my package of the coat and the Vitamin C. Thanks, it´s been
getting cold and rainy.

Last week I bought two pairs of shoes for about $20 each. I got a
brown pair and a black pair. I´m going to save one pair for later.
They are actually really nice. I also came clear to Chile to buy a tie
for a dollar from the SLC airport. In the city there are ropa
americanas and I can buy ties for really cheap, usually not the best
ties but I have found a couple cool ones.

This week I found a bag of 1,000 pesos in 1 pesos in our house. I also
had about $80 in reembolsos. ALSO good news... We got a new fridge and
the water problem fixed. We no longer have to go outside to turn the
water on and off.

While at lunch the other day we were talking to a kid that just got
home from his mission in Columbia. He just got called as the Elders
quorum pres. While at lunch his mom brought out one of the biggest
lunches I have ever had. After, He brought out this box filled with
giant Ants. Next thing I know he pops one into his mouth and eats it.
He had brought back a box of hormigas colombianas from colombia.
Thought you guys wouldn´t believe me so I took some pictures of us
eating ANTS! I still cant believe I ate them. They weren´t that bad
though. Yeah, crazy story of the week. I ate ants... One of them had
wings and I had little ant legs stuck in my teeth.

Nobody down here can remember my name so I am known as Elder Thor.
There is a family with a little kid that is about 6 that thinks I
really am Thor because I´m gringo. I felt a little bad the other day
because a girl of a family we were teaching called me ¨missionary¨ and
I said you don´t know my name by now... She got a little embarrassed
and ran off. I had to go apologize to her...

Gotta say Ethan looks pretty ballin in a tux with the truck. Tell him
to stop being such a punk. Little punk needs to go to seminary, clean
up and start acting like a decent young man. Instead of being mean to
the little girls, offer to take them to Walkers to buy a slushy. There
is no point in fighting with little sisters. One, because they are
girls, and two, they are family.

If you can take pics at Chelsey´s wedding and send me pictures of Ally
and her Husband (holy crap that is weird to say). I need to approve of
her pick.

I don´t know who has been sending letters because I haven´t really
gotten any. The last Dear elder I got was from Zach Hulsey. I have his
letter ready to send. Tell him I will send it next week. I have a
couple others like Camille, Elder Harvey, and Kim. Tell Jodee I wrote
her one but lost it when I moved houses. Tell her I´m writing it. I
think I wrote her an email but haven´t heard anything. I will be
praying for Traci. I got a pretty funny letter from her the other day.
Also, an awesome letter from Grandma Kratchen. I got the letters from
the little girls in the ward. Also tell Ansley I love getting her
letters but she needs to say something other than ¨are you having
fun?¨ This definitely isn´t a vacation (and no I didn´t get a spring
break)... But yes I´m having fun.

I was wondering if you guys could buy me a somewhat crappy camera like
a Sony, canon, or samsung. Maybe dad can find something at the pawn
shop or at costco. I just need something small, skinny, and takes good
pictures. I´m often too scared to take my Nikon out and I need
something that is small and takes good pictures.

Well I´m excited to talk to you guys on Sunday. I still feel like I
just talked to you guys. Well I love you guys and miss you tons.

Con amor,
Elder Thor, I mean Elder Torgersen

No comments:

Post a Comment