Monday, April 9, 2012

Toughest Week EVER!!

Hello Friends and Fam!
How is everyone doing? First I´d like to say Happy birthday to my Pops. Happy Birthday Dad. Love you Tons! Hope everything went well!!

Well this week has had it´s ups and downs. Toughest week I have had so far. I have never been so miserable, tired, and depressed. The crap with my comp has only gotten worse. The other day we (really I mean he) decided to do contacts. We had been contacting for 4 hours straight. No one had let us in, It was freezing and I was getting bored. I had started reading a talk by Russell M Ballard about success as a missionary in between contacts. The houses were spread out so I had quite a bit of time in between houses to read it. Once we contacted the house I put it in my coat Pocket. I didn´t see anything wrong with what I was doing. All of a sudden my comp turns to me and is like... ¨You done Studying?¨ Then without saying anything he takes off. My bike had just broke so I couldn´t pedal very fast because my pedal was really bent. He takes off and leaves me. I had no idea where he went because I got stuck at a light, and later found him at the house. He had been at the house for about 5 minutes before I got there. We ended up having to finish the night off doing a mini cambio with the other elders. 

The next day we had the Assistants come and talk to me and my companion. Basically they had some punk elder that thought he knew everything with them. He started assuming things and blamed me for stuff. He had supposedly heard that I didn´t want to work anymore. He then went on to say to me that if I didn´t want to work here on the mission I should be condemned. That ticked me off because this kid was an idiot and started assuming things, had no idea what he was talking about, and didn´t know the situation with my comp. I told them that my comp decided we weren´t going to go by more than half of our investigators because they had problems. for example, smoking. I told them that I still wanted to pass by them and help them out. One of the guys had stopped smoking and was living in the garage to live the law of chastity. But then my comp said we weren´t going to pass by him and he went back to his ways. I didn´t have any say in our planning and told them I did. The assistants basically talked to us, didn´t settle anything, and left. I thought it was absolutely stupid. My comp ¨set¨ some goals to be nicer and to help me out. What a bunch of crap... It lasted until we planned 3 hours later, and was basically a jerk again. For the rest of the week I planned, contacted, and taught alone. My comp would sit there with a dumb look on his face while I did everything. It was a great learning experience but I can´t do it alone. He basically makes me plan so that if something goes wrong or if someone isn´t home he can use it as a ¨told you so¨ moment.

I´ve really taken the quote by President Hinckley in to play this week. ¨life is to be enjoyed, not endured.¨ I have basically trying to endure this last week and have decided I´m just going to enjoy it. Me and elder Lulla ordered pizza the other night and had a blast eating it.

I decided to buy my self a little Easter present. One of the stores was selling Chilean soccer jerseys for $20. We´re talking these things are usually $80. talk about bargain. they are official Jerseys. They are awesome. But that reminds me. My one pair of church shoes is falling apart. An hermana in the ward can get discounts on shoes that are usually $80 down to about $40. I was wondering if I should go ahead and buy some? I just don´t know what I can and can´t do with my money. There´s some cool stuff I want to buy for Ethan that is pretty cheap. Am I allowed to buy these sorts of things... along with some fun or cool stuff??

While doing contacts the other night we caught a kid trying to let the air out of someone´s tires. We chased him down but he got away. For some reason the kids think its hilarious to let the air out of your tires. The other elders locked up their bikes and helmets to find out later that someone let the air out of their tires and stole the sun shades on their helmets. I thought it was pretty funny.

Funny thing, I had started reading the same talk by Bednar this week for some Guidance. I absolutely loved it. I loved how it talked about the different people in the BOM and how they prayed to help them to have the strength or the patience to endure whatever they were going through. I have really taken the story of Nefi into play this week. When his brothers tied him up he prayed for the strength to break the bands that he had been tied with. He didn´t pray to get him out, He prayed for the strength to do it himself.  I have tried to pray for the strength to work through this week instead of just changing it. 

This week I think I contacted more drunk people than sober. The whole semana santa thing down here is a joke. Nothing to do with Christ. Even if it is, it´s really weird. 

Things learned this week...
-semana santa = excuse to not have school, and drink as much beer as possible. Nothing to do with Christ.
-I´m getting transferred next week.
-I can get both suits and three ties dry cleaned for about $15.
-Chilean bikes.... SUCK.
-Chilean pizza= a little pricey, and not that good.

How´s Ethan doing? Tell Evil Kinevil (not sure how to spell that...I don´t care I´m in Chile) He needs to chill out. He just got his knee fixed and now he´s breaking his leg. Tell him to take it easy on the equipment. The Truck and now the motorcycle....

Well I love you guys and miss you tons!!
Con amor,
Elder Torgersen.

P.S. answer my questions and tell Grandma and Grandpa I got their letters and loved them. I will try to find time to write them a letter this week. Also keep sending the quotes! They were awesome.

No comments:

Post a Comment