Sunday, October 30, 2011

Leaving for Chile

Hola familia!
 
How is everyone? Today is my last P-day here in the MTC. Yesterday we went through In-field Orientation. We spent all day in workshops and classes. We learned how to work with members and bishops and all kinds of different things in the field. Let's just say it was quite the experience... There are all sorts of people here in the MTC. Definitely some unique people... Somehow me and my companions always manage to sit next to the freaks of the MTC. Anytime we wait for Devotionals or anything we always sit by some crazy kid. I have no idea why.
 
This last week we got to go to a Workshop and use Ipod touches for an MTC tour. We learned about prophets and great missionaries in the church. It was really cool. We also got to use Ipad's during the in-field Orientation.
 
We have 2 days left here at the MTC. Also 2 days with my companions. I'm having mixed emotions about that. I'm excited for a change because they are both driving me nuts. One of my companions is a great singer but the other is completely tone deaf. He couldn't hit a not if his life depended on it. It's worse than Ethan's singing. I'm excited to get a change of things but nervous because I don't know near as much Spanish as I need to. I've never been so nervous in my life. After all the different baseball and football games I've had I've never been this nervous.
 
I was glad to see that Timpanogos won state again in soccer. That's pretty cool. It was weird seeing the pictures because I knew all of those girls. That's way cool though.
 
I got the package of shirts and stuff. Everyone here loves the Carmel corn, homemade strawberry jam and rolls. We all downed the rolls. Cristian also dropped off Los Hermanos salsa and chips! They were awesome! I've got a box of stuff I need to drop off to Rutland. I'm gonna miss getting packages every week.
 
We leave Monday at like 5 in the morning. Those two days are gonna be rough. I'm gonna be in a plane like all day. We are traveling with 11 people. My companion, Elder Anderson, is the travel leader.
 
I wrote a letter to Nicole last week and I had it in my front suit pocket. I had forgotten that during conference i had bought M&M's. I guess part of the wrapper got stuck in between the pages in her letter. She taped it to the outside of the letter and sent it back to me with a snickers wrapper inside. I thought it was pretty funny.
 
An Elder in my district told us a story about his older brother that served in Peru. He told us that when they picked him up from the airport they were driving in the car. His brother asked him if he wanted to see something cool. His brother stuck a saltine cracker on his tongue for a minute and all of a sudden a worm came up out of his throat. It freaked a bunch of people out in our district. He said that his brother had to take a pill called the "Bomb" to... lets just say clean him out. He told us some crazy stories about his brother and the nasty stuff he had to deal with.
 
Chad Lewis came and spoke to us a couple weeks ago and he told us that his family has a "Blessing book" that they write all of the blessings that they receive in it. I thought that was a pretty cool Idea. Also during last weeks Devotional we had a quorum of the seventy come. He told us that we were all serving missions for different reasons. He said that one of the reasons he served was because his family had a "Legacy". His Dad, Grandpa, Great Grandpa and so on had all been on missions. It made me think of all the people that have served on dad's side of the family. He then went on to say that maybe we were starting this legacy. It made me think of moms side of the family and hoping that I'm starting that legacy/example for Mom's side.
 
This week has been so stressful and I've been so nervous. I'm excited to finally have a change and get to Chile but I'm scared to death. I love you all and will talk to you hopefully Monday. I miss you ALL!
 
Con Amor,
               Elder Torgersen
 
-"En este familia, Servimos missiones"

No comments:

Post a Comment