Tuesday, October 25, 2011

10 Days Left

Hola familia,
Como esta? Que tal? What has everyone been up to? I've got ten days left here at the MTC. I'm freaking out. I'm so nervous it's not even funny. I don't feel ready at all. I just recieved a letter from My mission president. This week has definitely been better than last week. I have really prayed to be able to understand and to speak the language better. We got into a TRC where we teach actual volunteers that come in. We had a lady from Argentina that was crazy fast at speaking. I understood quite a bit more than i thought I would. In one of our "investigator" lessons I started speaking without really having to think about it. I think I said maybe one word in English. It's definitely getting better but i still don't feel ready. The teachers are all BYU students that are RM's. If they don't have a district to teach they offer Tutoring. I have taken almost every opportunity to have them tutor me one on one. I think it is really helping. It is way fun. They are super nice and know exactly what we are going through.
 
I have enjoyed getting the letters and packages this week. Look like the little girls have been writing letters and drawing pictures. Sounds like Ainsley is excited for her baptism. That's so awesome! I'm excited for her!
 
 Thank you for all the packages! They are awesome! I love you all!
  
I was bummed to find out Traci wasn't pregnant. I had seriously prayed so hard that she would have another baby. That's such a bummer. I'll continue praying for them.
 
This last Tuesday we got to hear from Richard G. Scott. He was pretty funny. He was great. He told about how the apostles sit in a room with about 7 different computers. They bring up on the screen all the missionaries. They bring up a kid and pray for a prompting of where he should go. They go through and do this for every missionary. He told us a story about an elder that hadn't seen his dad since he was three. He got called on his mission. While knocking doors he knocked on one house to later find out that it was his dad. Elder Scott then went on to say that all of us were called to our mission for a reason. I hope that by the time I get home I will be able to know that reason. He also told us that when we get home... there's no more "hanging out". He told us to not waste time in finding someone to marry. That was probably the last thing to cross my mind here at the MTC. He had an amazing testimony. He basically told us that he was past the point of believing that he knew. It was sooo cool!! It was So strong!
 
Other than Richard G. Scott there hasn't been much new. I'm working on writing letters. I'm past my time limit so I love you all and miss you a lot!!
 
Con Amor,
                 Elder Torgersen
 

No comments:

Post a Comment