Friday, October 7, 2011

 We got an email from Elder Torgersen this morning.
 
Hello Family!
 
How is everyone doing? I've got quite the amount of stuff to tell you about this week. It's been pretty crazy! I'm glad you all liked my last letter. We all had a blast at Conference. I didn't quite get the pocket full of bin candy but we did stop at the vending machine to load up. Conference was great!
 
On Monday, another district in our zone left for their missions. The Branch President came in so we could sing to them and tell them good-bye. Each week we have class and dorm room checks. Our rooms have to be clean all the time so they come in once a week and check everything. The last week we had our room check on our P-day so I thought it was really stupid. Of course we had letters, clothes, backpacks, and shoes all over so we got marked down as not having a clean room. The papers then go to our Branch President. When he came in to say good-bye to everyone he had the stack of papers from people who's rooms weren't clean. He called me and my companions over and told us to follow him to an empty room. When we got in there we thought we were in trouble. He asked us about our room and why it was like that. We explained to him that it's normally clean and they had just checked it in the middle of our P-day. He understood and then went on to tell us that me and my companions were the new Zone Leaders. We will be the oldest district on Monday for 4 weeks. So we will get to be Zone Leaders for 4 weeks. We are pretty excited. We met with the old Zone leaders and they showed us how to do everything. We also got a bunch of stuff that had been handed down from Zone leader to Zone leader. We got a fan, a ladder for the bunk bed that each Zone Leader signs (normally the bunk beds don't have ladders), a bottle of Oil, pass along cards, and the Zone leader tie. It was quite funny.
 

Mom, thank you for the lint roller and other supplies... Although I wasn't too happy about the jump rope... I don't know how I'm sick the second week here and lose 7 pounds and gain 5 back and all of a sudden I'm fat...? Ainsley's letter was pretty funny though "you are fat, use the jump rope!" Also all of the conference talks are on LDS.org. So go watch Elder Hollands talk. I've watched it probably 8 times in the past couple days.
 
Let Traci know that I pray for her multiple times a day. In fact I pray for a lot of you multiple times a day. I miss that little stinker Morgan though!! That's hilarious that she says "on mission" when you ask her where I am. Glad to here she's still calling Ethan Chummy!
 
Like dad said in his last letter I'm pretty much to the "ground Hog Day" part of the MTC. Everyday is pretty much the same. I'm getting kind of bored of it and I want to just get out to Chile already. Nothing new has really happened. I'm going to head to the book store to see if I can print off pictures.
 
Well we are finishing up laundry so I'll finish up now. I love you all and miss you a lot.
 
Con Amor,
                Elder Torgersen
 

No comments:

Post a Comment