Monday, July 1, 2013

6 weeks left....

Hello friends and family!

This week had some ups and downs. This week we went and confirmed the hour to marry the couple we are teaching. We had to go down to the city building with witnesses and we confirmed the hour. They are getting married on the 18th and baptized on the 20th. We are really excited for them. The whole family will be baptized on the 20th.They all went to church this week and loved it. 


We received a reference from the other ward that meets in our building and we passed by her the other day. Lets just say she was golden. She went to church yesterday and she loved it. She stayed for all three hours.

Being the 5th Sunday of the month we had to teach the 5th class... only problem is they told us in the second hour. about 15 minutes before the third hour. We ran into the secretary and downloaded the videos from the mission conference last Sunday and we watched a couple of the clips from it. Like the family sharing the gospel with everyone. The members were crying, including our reference that had gone to church. She told us after she was going to share the gospel with everyone. It was so cool. And of course during the class i bore my testimony of sharing the gospel from before the mission and started to cry and everyone was teary eyed. After the class everyone was offering to hold family nights in their houses and we got a couple references. 

On Saturday I got to travel back to Linares. I had thought the family I had been teaching had forgotten about me. But they wanted me to go and baptize them. I got there and they were really happy to see me. The youngest daughter didn´t want to have the interview but once they took out the baptismal clothes she wanted to do it. It was way cool to be able to stay in the water and baptize one right after another. It was so cool. The only problem is that the dad wasn´t ready but is slowly progressing. We ended up eating lunch at their house and leaving. The mom the last time was mad because I wouldn´t give her a hug. I figured since I was leaving soon and probably would never see them again I decided I would hug her goodbye. They were really sad to see me go. It was really kind of sad. They said if I ever come back they got 4 motorcycles and horses waiting in the campo for us. 

My comp is about to drive me nuts. i´m ready to take a hammer to his stupid watch. I really want to hide it for the cambio. Only problem is he always wears it. He is so worried about the time that he constantly looks at it. It drives me nuts because we are in a lesson for 10 minutes and he´s already looking at it. Members have called him out on it saying it´s rude and to stop. I have also told him to stop and he still does it. He keeps asking me why I was sent here to be his comp if I was a ZL. I have no idea what to tell him. I don´t want to say... Oh I was sent here to basically help you out because you are a trouble missionary. It´s a little difficult. He does a bunch of little stuff that drives his comps nuts. He´s like selectively obedient. He´s really strict on some rules and just doesn´t obey others. Its definitely the hardest comp I have had. 

This week has rained everyday. I got home on Thursday night and was soaking wet. My agenda was soaking wet and I couldn´t read any of the writing in it. 

So there was this kid that just finished his mission that is here in Chillan to learn Spanish. He served in Washington English speaking. We had been talking to him and helping him out with his Spanish. We found out he was from Park City. I just barely found out... his dad is the owner of Skull candy. He is going to go to BYU Jerusalem. I told him he needs to help me with getting into BYU. He said now... anyone can get in. He said campus is empty. He knows a bunch of ways to get scholarships and money and stuff and is going to help me and the other missionary here get into BYU. He´s really smart! I think you guys have changed my mind about BYU. I´m gonna try for it. 

Well this week we have a mini cambio with our DL and he is going to come and meet the family we are teaching. We are struggling to find new people. We found a family that is Adventist that we are hoping we can get to church. 

Well not much else happening this week. Love you all and miss you tons. 

Elder Torgersen

No comments:

Post a Comment