Wednesday, January 16, 2013

I'm dying of heat!!

Hello friends and family:

Well it sounds like you guys are getting the opposite of what we are getting. It has been about 95 to 100 degrees here. We are dying from the heat. It has been so hot this week we literally haven´t wanted to move from in front of a fan. None of the houses have AC down here and all the houses are freaking hot. The other day we literally took our shirts off, soaked them and walked out of the house. My comp thought I was nuts but sure enough 10 minutes later he was doing it. 

I had my first interview this week. But... I went into the other sector to do it and right before I did it we found out the guy was already baptized. Don´t worry it gets worse. They had been teaching him for 3 months. He had told them he was a twin brother of a member and had never been baptized. All the members had told the missionaries and they didn´t tell me. So we found out he was really the brother... and that he was gay. It was quite the experience. I was pretty ticked off. They wasted time and now they don´t have anyone to teach.
 
This week we had interviews with the MP and he told me he knows that I have been working basically alone. He said he knows that it has been me doing everything. He said I will most likely be staying in Coihueco and my comp will go. He said he is going to get me a comp that I can hand off the sector to and then get me out into another sector to train a newby. He said prepare yourself to take the next step up. By that he basically means I will either get a bigger district or I will be a Zone leader. I´m a little nervous. It was good to hear that he can trust me and that I´m doing great. It was also good to know that he knows I´m doing everything. He said I might not be able to see it but my comp really looks up to me. He said he has had a really rough time and is just happy to be having success. He said I haven´t taken him out because I know you can help him out, and have already helped him out. He said even though I am really kinda struggling... I´m learning and I´m helping him out and he´s enjoying the journey. I felt a little better after I had heard that. He also said that the Stake President here in CHILLAN absolutely loves me. I thought it was kind of funny. 

I finally got our Christmas packages. They were really funny this year. They had a lot of good treats in them also. I was excited to get some of the weird gifts from you guys. I have decided I was going to give away a couple of the things to a couple kids. Hope you guys don´t mind...

We were supposed to play paintball today but MP said everyone has to say yes... guess who was the only one to say no... MY COMP. Yes I am still ticked off. The whole Zone is mad because we couldn´t play because he was a girl about it. But we decided to have a water fight. We bought water guns and water balloons and had a war with 16 elders and 4 sisters. It was really kind of funny. I did get to throw the football around though.

Funny story...  on the bus coming back into Coihueco I fell asleep. The people in front of me had a little kid that was crying, I didn´t think much about it and fell asleep. I wake up with the little kids face in front of me. He was probably 3 or 4. I looked at him for a second, and... stuck my tongue out and made a weird face... He looks at me and busts up laughing. For the next 15 minutes he would hide behind the seat and poke his head out. Each time I would make a different face. We seriously busting up laughing by the time we got off the bus. His mom couldn´t figure out what I was doing because he had settle down in her lap but kept looking over the seat. I didn´t have anything to give him but I was tempted to give him my name tag that has a magnet on it. They are really cheap and I don´t use it much. He was the funniest little kid. I´m really hoping we can find them again. I know that he lives in Coihueco and close to where we live. 


We are still trying to get on TV. We are going to do it this week. 

The neighbor we haven´t been able to talk to her yet...

In church Sunday we had 8 out of the 9 converts there. Two blessed the sacrament and one passed it. First week I haven´t had to do it. The branch is really happy with the new converts. They are awesome. I know that the young guy we just baptized is talking to our BP about a mission. And Juan the 17 year old wants to start working with us so we can help him prepare. I´m really pleased with them. It is so cool to see the change they have had. 

BIG NEWS... oh my gosh I almost forgot... WE GOT RID OF THE DOG! I was so sick of it that we walked out into the country and I killed it... NO JUST KIDDING. haha the assistants came out with the van and we threw it in and drove out of coihueco and dropped it off in a field by a couple houses. NO way he´s coming back. Don´t worry he´s got a horse and a cow as a friend. He was really happy when we got him out. He took off running. 

Well not much else this week. We do have another baptism this Saturday. We are baptizing two kids of a less active. They are really cool. Well love you all and miss you tons.

Elder Torgersen

No comments:

Post a Comment