Wednesday, January 23, 2013

10th Baptism in Coihueco!!!

Hello friends and family:
 
Well this week we had another successful week.
We have two weeks left in the cambio and I´m just about done with my comp. I´m so sick of doing everything alone. My ZL´s have come to the conclusion that they think he has a learning disability. I have noticed that he is really slow at reading... like really struggles to read. The ZL asked me if I knew anything. They are pretty sure he has a learning disability or something. He has certain things he doesn´t like doing. It has really been a struggle.

We had a mini cambio for only a couple hours on Thursday. I was really kind of ticked. I went to another sector with Elder Bracken and we taught about 6 lessons in about 3 hours. The other ZL gets to our sector, goes to the interview that was supposed to be at 7, does the interview and comes back to his sector. We ended up teaching a ton of lessons in his sector, and not getting any in ours. E´ Bracken was really kind of ticked.

This last week we had our 10th and a half baptism. haha the half is because the family is a part member family and the youngest kid is only 8 so it counts for the branch. We are still pretty happy. The actual baptism was one of the most spiritual baptisms we have had. The whole family came with cousins and grandparents and aunts and uncles. It was really good because we ended up getting two new families to teach. It was really cool.

The family had a huge BBQ with all the family and they invited us. It was really crazy. The whole family was there and there was a ton of meat. It was so good.

Well yes... after exactly a week... The stupid dog returned. 1 Nephi 4:12 12 And it came to pass that the Spirit said unto me again: Slay him, for the Lord hath delivered him into thy hands; has been running through my head all week. We have tried everything to try and get rid of the dog. We had heard if you give them Ibuprofen it will kill him... I´m willing to do whatever to kill this stupid thing. It smells horrible and we were doing great without it. Any ideas on how to kill it quickly and silently?

Still no package from Gma Torgersen. I will know this wed. We have another Conference. I guess all the district leaders are going to get an ear full because the district leader in every zone is baptizing but his district isn´t. I´m not excited about it.

Yes elder Coronado got his package his says thanks. He really thought the stuff in it was really good.

I had saved all of my 10 pesos since I got here in Coihueco and recently took them in to see how much was... I had about $15 in 10 pesos. It was so crazy. We had to buy some stuff for a family night and the people in the store needed ten pesos. I told them I had a lot and would bring them. After, The lady had to count them and she wasn´t too happy about doing it.

We went to chillan today and I found the wife of a convert from Los Volcanes. They are planning on going to the temple in November. Kind of a bummer I´m not gonna be here. I thought it was cool they were going to get sealed.

Well not much happened this week and I don´t have much time. Love you all and miss you tons. I will send pics next week. the computer is kind of a piece this week.

Elder Torgersen

No comments:

Post a Comment