Monday, November 21, 2011

Vamos a la playa

Hola familia!
Que tal? Como estan? How is everyone doing? This week has been even crazier than the last. Today we went to the Beach as a zone. It was so different than the beaches i´ve seen before. The sand was a blackish gray and there were cliffs and hills around the shore. It was quite the experience. 

We left at 6:30 in the morning and took a bus to Parral. From there we drove about an hour and a half to the beach. We drove in a really sketchy van that had one seat across the front for the driver and the back was completely bare. We crammed 17 Elders into this little van. It was a pain because i got crammed in a corner basically underneath people. The two smallest Elders that are not from the U.S. were happily seated up front on the seats. No one was really happy about it because we had a 6 foot 7 basketball player and another 6 foot elder in the back. It was also one of the elders that we had had trouble with in our house the last week so it kinda made people mad. We spent the day on the beach cooking Gringo burgers and playing soccer. While we were cooking burgers i kept feeling a tickle on my neck. I asked one of the elders if there was anything i my face. He screamed and yelled there was a spider on my face. I jumped and pretty much slapped myself in the face. It freaked me out because it wasn´t a small spider. I had quite the experience today.

All of you don´t realize that I have 1 hour to read the 3-4 emails i get from the family, the 6 emails from Chris, and then try to write everyone a spiritual note. It´s impossible! So you all need to chill out. I´m trying the best I can while still being obedient. 

Well this week has been a little better than last week. We have a couple that is waiting for the wife to get her divorce so they can get married and then baptized. We found out that they finalize it all on the 20 of December. Their names are Raul and Raquell. We told them they could have a christmas baptism. They are amazing. They want to start a school here in Linares for all of the LDS kids, just like they have for the other churches. I guess they are pretty rich. Victor is having a hard time. His ¨pareja¨ or wife but not married is giving him a hard time about deciding to get baptized. He has also started smoking more than he had been because it has been stressing him out. His son has completely dis-owned him and he has just had a hard time. He also told us he hadn´t been praying. We told him he had to pray to stop smoking and for his wife. We gave him a blessing and it seemed to calm him down. We had a total of 20 new investigators this week. I think we have set a new record for elder Teske. 

For lunch on Saturday, a member took us to a restaurant. The restaurants ended up being closed and we ended up going to the market. A member owns the market and told us our meals were free. It was the best meal i have had so far. It was really good. The papas fritas down here are amazing and the rice and meat are awesome. Lunch often runs long and we have language study after so i don´t ever really get language study. It kinda bugs me. I´m trying to figure out what we can do. 

I need to know about money and as far as buying stuff. I´m almost afraid to use my money. I would like to buy a couple things but i´m not sure if i´m okay to use my money. My electric shaver is also not charging and i´m not sure why. I think i´m going to send it home when i send a couple presents home. I also would like an updated Priesthood line of authority. 

Also can you send some pictures from the farewell and other stuff. And i don´t know who is running my facebook or if anyone even is... but Elder teske said to tell you to not add any friends.
We have had one of the best records as far as numbers go, this last week. We had a mini cambio and i had to go to Parral to work with an Elder Robinette. He is also from Lindon. He really kinda forced me into some awkward situations because he would teach a little and then look at me until i said something. It was awkward but really helped me out. We have met a lot of newly married couples or new little families that are really interested. I´m hoping they stay that way so we can really teach them. 

I really realized this week that every time we teach we are asking to do some pretty hard stuff. We are asking some people to completely change the way they are living and make a lot of sacrifices. It is really cool to see how willing they are. 

Next Monday we aren´t doing anything as a zone so I should have more time to write. I´m going to try and send a couple hand written letters to some people. I love you all!

Con Amor,
Elder Torgersen

No comments:

Post a Comment