Monday, November 14, 2011

Segunda Semana in Chile

¡Hola familia!
How´s everyone doing? Hopefully everyone is doing great. If I miss spell something or something is messed up its because of this keyboard. The keyboards down here are totally different. I`m still trying to get used to it.
 
Well this week has had it´s ups and downs. We have had some Elders that live in the same house as us, get into a little bit of a fight. One of of the elders is from El Salvador and doesn´t speak English. He´s really annoying and hard to get along with. Yesterday they got into it again and the Elder is saying he´s going home. Yesterday we didn´t do much because we had to wait to see what has going to happen. We will find out later today after he meets with the MP. That was a sad story about the two Elders. I´m surprised no one has been hit here. People drive like idiots and there isn´t really a speed limit. It´s kinda scary.
 
On Thursday we went to Conce for mission conference. Elder Cook from the quorum of the twelve came. He was great. He went through and shook all of our hands before the meeting. It was the first time in a really long time that an Apostle had come to the mission. I´m glad I was here for this one since I missed Elder Holland a day before going into the MTC. Me and my companion were in charge of getting a bus to rent for all of the missionaries. We ended up getting a sweet bus. It was a double story bus with everything from Tv´s to Air conditioning. On the way down we left at 1 in the morning. I slept the whole way.
 
The people in Chile Eat a really huge lunch and don´t really eat any other meals. I have had some pretty sketchy stuff for lunch but for the most part it´s been good. I love the empanadas down here. The hot dogs are quite what i thought they would be.
 
I guess i´m the Justin Bieber of Chile. Multiple of our investigators have called me Justin Bieber. One little girl wanted a picture with me because apparently I look like him. I laughed pretty hard. My companion always gives me crap about it.
 
I´m starting to get used to everything and the language. The other day while doing contacts I told a lady,¨hola, como esta... Me llamo Elder Teske, Este es mi compañero elder....¨Then it finally clicked what I said...? haha we laughed pretty hard.
 
If I had a dollar for every time I heard ¨Estoy Ocupado¨ I would be rich. That is the Chilean excuse for I don´t wanna talk to you.
 
I got the girls a present and i´m still looking for something for Ethan.
 
The people here don´t look there age at all. It´s really weird. We get starred at every where we go. I am yet to see an attractive Chilean girl... they are all pretty scary. (that's probably a good thing.) I don´t think anyone in Chile owns a tooth brush. We are constantly getting yelled at or something. We get checked out pretty often too.
 
In the house we are in charge of breakfast and dinner. For lunch we go to a members house. We pay a lady in the ward to do laundry and we have to clean the house. I swear None of the Elders here know what toilet bowl cleaner is. It´s quite nasty.
 
We have had some great success with our investigators. We are waiting for a couple to get divorce papers and then get married. (it´s really hard and expensive to get a divorce down here so people just leave their spouses.) Victor is Awesome! He committed to the word of wisdom and the law of chastity. He should be baptized next week. Which will be awesome.
 
I don´t have much time today so i´m trying to hurry. Ive gotta upload photos so I´ll finish up next week. I love you all and miss you!
 
Con amor
Elder Torgersen

No comments:

Post a Comment