Monday, April 15, 2013

April 15, 2013

Hello Everyone!

Sounds like this week has been tough for all of us! 

Monday we were in a threesome with the other elder in our house and we only had half the time to work in our sector. We ended up having a lot of success though. We ended up teaching a lot of people.

Tuesday... Guess who got to be station managers for cambios... OF COURSE.... WE DID!!! That means we had to run all of the cambios and make sure everyone got on the right bus at the right time for the transfers. We had to make sure all of the people had all their bags on the bus and leaving. We were at the Bus terminal from 8:00am till almost 5:00PM. It was so crazy! We were so sick of sitting around and waiting and just sitting in the terminal. We also had a sister missionary that had two huge bags, a medium sized bag that the wheels were broken, three back packs and two purse kind of things. We ended up having to carry it about 5 blocks so she could get on a bus. A bunch of the missionaries were yelling at here to lighten the load. It was ridiculous. We finally were able to leave but not before getting back before 6:00. 

The other day we were walking outside of an apt building and my comp was looking at something and wasn´t watching where he was walking. I looked up just to see him walk straight into a pole from a clothes line. The bar was running horizontal and was just high enough to cross square with his forehead. The sound was awesome. Luckily the bar had some give and just moved back and forth. I had seriously never laughed so hard in my life. I was laughing all day long. I couldn´t stop!! It has been so funny working with him because he is always falling over or hitting something. It has definitely been pretty crazy with him. 

So I was thinking about conference and I was thinking about how you guys could help. I want you guys to invite Landon and his family to come to a ward activity or to read the BOM. I figured you could all help with the work and be member missionaries. I want you all to invite someone to read the BOM. I think it would be a really cool experience for all of you.

So this week we had literally talked to everyone that we could have. We talked to everyone in the street and we are really struggling to find new people. We have been pretty frustrated because we haven´t found any news and we´ve talked to everyone! We have been kind of in a slump. We are working really hard but we aren´t seeing any success. 

I just got a letter from Grandpa Kratchen. I was glad to hear from him! It was really cool that he emailed me. Tell everyone that president has now authorized email for all communications. We can even write RC. Tell Grandpa thanks!

The new missionary that just came to our house is an elder from Honduras. His name is Elder Sosa. He is a really clean person. He cleaned the whole house the first week he was here. It has been really cool. We all feel bad because he keeps cleaning everything. It has been really nice though. We have even got my comp to clean his stuff up. Me and Elder Sosa are the cleaning nazi´s. I had my hair cut again... An elder in the house did it. I know you all are shocked right now but it looks really good just short. My comp ended up doing it too and president said we look really good. 
 
Dad! How do you get the elders in your quorum excited about doing visits and stuff. We have a bunch of elders in our zone that are completely just dead... they don´t want to do anything. They are working but don´t have any excitement. We are getting really frustrated because they come to the District class and don´t take notes and just kind of sit there. What would be your advice?

We are still trying to get a couple people baptized. They come to church every week but want to ¨wait to get baptized¨ We are going to try a couple things this week to try and get them baptized. 

packages got here and the pants fit. 

We are visiting them this week. The family Cantero is doing great!

No Patience for the sister missionaries is getting slim...

Release date is August 12 I think... Quit reminding me. 

Well I´m gonna try and write Ethan back. I´ve also got to do a lot of other stuff... Well I love you all and miss you tons.

Elder Torgersen.

No comments:

Post a Comment