Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Weekly Letter

Hola Fam Damnily!
Well where to start this week? This week was definitely the most stressful, homesick, humble, trunky, difficult, etc. week so far. We just got two new missionaries in our house. One is from Santiago, Chile, the other from Mexico. I´m the only Gringo in our house. It has been so stressful because they are so different than me. 

With my last comp he basically did everything and didn't let me voice my input. So planning has been a beast now that I´m basically in charge of who we go by and what time. I only have 3 months here and only know a couple parts of this huge city. My comp is the only member in his family and his dad died when he was young. His mom and his siblings don"t send him very much mail and he is yet to get a package. But this week has been really rough, My comp would get mad at me for the dumbest things. He got mad at me because I knew where the place was but didn't know the address, he got mad because i was sitting all the way back in my chair and wasn´t sitting the way he wanted me to, he got mad because I locked the bikes to the bike rack and not in the shade... just completely stupid things like that. I´ve had a migraine this whole week and with the complaining it just made it worse. 

We just found out that Raul and Raquell are going to fight their marriage thing because Raquell had the same surgery as mom and can"t have kids. We will find out the next week or two if they can be married. Raul wants to get baptized in a rio by his house. I think it would be awesome.

While doing contacts this week we contacted a lady and all of a sudden her little girl came running out. We kept talking and all of a sudden the little girl just started peeing. It was the most awkward contact ever. I´ll just say we set up a time to go back...

This week was just full of awkward, weird stuff. We are teaching a girl that is 20 that had a kid when she was 15. She has come to church twice and her daughter loves it. Every time we go to here house I have to take out all the stuff out of my front pocket because the little girl always jumps on me and takes my name tag and all my tarjetas and my planner. The last time we taught her, her friend and her boyfriend were over. First the little girl was climbing on my lap, then she was screaming, and then she was taking stuff out of my bag. Then next thing I know her mom is sitting right next to the the couch where I´m sitting and she keeps touching me. We basically had to end and leave. It was so awkward.

We had a week full of service. It kinda bugs me because people do work down here so different. And it´s all by hand. No Power tools. Anything that costs a little bit more money to buy or rent decent tools or power tools is just crazy. We put up sheet rock with screw drivers. The things we do here for service are crazy. They all mix concrete in the streets by hand. It´s crazy how much they do by hand. The guy we did service for just had a baby. He totally reminds me of Paul Blart, the Mall cop. He´s really funny. I´ll have to get a picture.

This week all around was just stressful. We had problems with bikes just about everyday. When we get flat tires, it´s always the back tire. just stupid problems kept happening.

Ethan looks bigger. That's funny he had to kick out a bum. Baileigh told me all about the stuff they found. Tell Baileigh I will write her next week. We have to take a preach my gospel questionnaire. So I don´t have much time.

Tell grandpa that I really hope he makes it on The mormon.org. Tell grandma to get better and Ask grandpa if he has written me about his conversion. Also tell him we will happily take the boat. :)

Well hope all is well. Love you guys and miss you tons.

Con amor,
Elder Torgersen

p.s. Send my coat in about the end of march/start of April. Who won the superbowl?

No comments:

Post a Comment