Saturday, May 25, 2013

May 6, 2013

Hello friends and family!

It was great to talk to you guys on Thursday. I can´t believe I will be talking to you all on Sunday! I can´t believe how fast the time is flying by. I´m excited to hear Ethan is going to Mexico! Should be really good for him. We will both be speaking Spanish

Monday we had the consejo and had to say goodbye to old Converts from my comp. It was really weird to know I will be doing that soon. I cannot believe how fast time is going. It is really sad. I feel like the days are passing by like crazy! I feel like I blink and there goes a week. 

This week really started out crappy. We were out of our own sector for about 4 days. We have really been struggling to find people. I think we condemn more people than we are actually saving. It is really sad. But we were having our worst day ever and we then get a call from the office... We receive a reference for a lady that lives in the Beverly Hills of Concepcion. Straight up cuico (rich) people. We didn't think much of it and then the office said she wants to get baptized and wants us to pass by now. We went by her house and she accepted a bap. date and came to church on Sunday. I thought it would never happen but We found ourselves a straight golden INV. It was so cool. She is so excited. We are really excited because she is one of the really rich people. We are excited to baptize her and work with her family and neighbors. We are really hoping this is the way we can get to the hearts of the stuck up neighbors. 

Well yesterday was fast and testimony meeting... I´m always nervous about bringing INV´s to it. It can be really good or really bad. We ended up having 4 people there. Luckily the crazy family with the two little kids weren't there. Every one loved it. 

I swear to you all that we taught the teacher off of Charlie Brown... I hate when stuff like this happens. We contact for awhile and happen to get into a house but the person is really old and doesn´t understand anything. We got into a house and the grandma didn´t look too old but she was missing teeth and talked like the Charlie Brown teacher. We didn´t understand anything. We left her with a pamphlet and asked if we could finish with a prayer... She didn´t understand anymore than we understood her. She kept saying... no after... when my husband gets home. I Feel like the devil puts people like them in our path so we just waste time. We were laughing pretty hard though. 

This week we had our conference and we had a total of 24 people leave this cambio and the next. They all had to give there testimony and the conference went really long. It was a really good conference but it went really long. My comp had to give his testimony. We were all giving him crap because he goes home soon. He then reminded me that the next Conference I would be giving mine. It was really funny. President had an AP in the back with a hymn book and if they went over two minutes he would hold it up. 

While I was waiting for the call on Thursday I was looking at the email you guys have sent me that I had never seen...I had seen pictures of the yard and other stuff. But...I thought I would never say this.. I might look into going to BYU. I guess if there aren´t as many people going it would be a little easier to get into and being an RM would be better... I thought I would never say this but... See what you can do to get me in....

Well I´m excited to talk to you guys this Sunday. I think we are going to do it at 2:00-2:30pm your time. 

Well Had to do numbers again so its short... Love you all miss you tons!

Elder Torgersen

No comments:

Post a Comment