Monday, December 3, 2012

December 1, 2012

Hello Friends and Family!

Well this week was really slow, not just for us but for the whole Zone. This week was full of lots of stuff.

This week started off with a Zone Class. Every Tuesday we go to the Church in Chillan and we meet as a district. Sometimes we meet as a Zone. This last week we had a Zone Class. We had a couple announcements about Conferences and then the ZL´s told us they wanted to talk to us about something serious and a little depressing. They told us that with the announcement of the prophet and with so many missionaries entering into the MTC... They will be changing our transfer dates to meet with the MTC or something like that. They weren`t 100% sure why but we are all getting screwed over by a month in our missions. The room went completely silent. After a minute or so people started asking questions. There is nothing we can do... We are finishing a month earlier than planned due to the changes in ages of missionaries. I´m a little ticked... even though its only a month and I will be able to see you all earlier I´m still mad. 

This week has been really slow for us. I have been getting over my cold and it hasn´t been fun. Every morning when I wake up, I have a headache, sore throat, and congestion. I had this for a few days and to make it worse... just about every hour I was getting nose bleeds. It was really annoying. We were leaving the house one day and right as I was leaving my nose started bleeding and wouldn`t stop. Finally, after about 20 minutes lying down, pinching my nose it stopped. But just about every other hour it would come back. In church Sunday we ended up having to walk out during the closing prayer because it started again.

I did get the package from Halloween. My comp was really excited and said to tell you all MUCHAS GRACIAS! 

We did hear back on SLC if Evelin is a member or not. She is not a member so we will hopefully baptize her here soon. We have also received just about a million blessings. We visited a less active and tried a thing we have learned to get references. She ended up giving us two and she invited them to church this last Sunday. They came and we have talked to them and got them with a baptismal date for the 22 of December. They are progressing daily and are really excited to be baptized. 

The Assistants were traveling assistants they go around the mission looking for future leaders and helping build sectors. They came out looking for future leaders. 

The fruit has been amazing. It is getting to be really cheap and we are about to get into summer and have all the fruit. So far we have had bananas and strawberries. We have also been buying palta or avocado. It has been really good.

Ignacio my recent convert has been working with us. He even wears a shirt and tie. He bore his testimony the other day during a lesson and it was awesome. He was like,¨before my baptism I had this really heavy feeling and then I entered the water and was baptized and the heavy feeling went away.¨ It was so cool.

We have a mini Conference this week with the MP and the Asistontos. I´m not sure what we are going to do... but we should see if I have mail. 

We also have the Christmas conference this next week. Should be pretty fun. We usually eat something really good and learn from president and everyone.

Well really not much is happening. I have no idea if I will stay here.We are not sure what will happen. We still have a lot of people preparing for Baptism. We should continue to have success here. 

Well I love you all and miss you tons. 

Elder Torgersen

No comments:

Post a Comment