Monday, January 16, 2012

January 9th letter

Hola
¿Como Estai? How is everyone doing? This week was quite crazy. We had lots of stuff going on. so here goes...

First, Raul and Raquell.... Got their divorce. They are planning on getting married as soon as possible. We are hoping nothing goes wrong and can get baptized this week or the next. 

On Tuesday, at district class I received a couple letters and a package from Grandma Torgersen. She sent me licorice, gum and a Christmas card. So tell her thanks a lot. The licorice is great. I also got a couple Dear Elders. I was pretty excited about those. I got one from Zach Hulsey, CC Almeida, and a Christmas card from the Lairds. I was pretty excited on Tuesday. 

Last Monday I bought Ethan a Christmas present. and  I also bought two ties. I got two really nice ties for about $8. It´s crazy how cheap stuff is here. I might need to buy a couple more White short sleeve Shirts I run out by the end of the week and it´s too hot to wear long sleeve. I can get them for pretty cheap. 

Also I need you guys to check my account. My credit card wasn´t working. 

While doing contacts this week I found my second phone in the street. We ended up calling one of the numbers on the phone to find out that a little girl had lost it and was really worried. They family was really happy to see us when we brought it to them.

We had an investigator tell me the other day,¨me gusta su manera de ser.¨ She liked the way I am. I didn´t understand it but elder teske started busted up laughing. This week has been the week of snaky investigators. We had two girls and a boyfriend that we were teaching this past week. The girl ended up dumping the boyfriend who was from Brazil. They had planned on getting married in Feb. She called us on Saturday night to tell us she needed some counsel from God. She asked if she could come over and we told her that the phone was fine. They ended up coming to church the next day but were basically snaking it up.

On Thursday we did service again at hermano Alberto´s house. Elder Teske found a White potato looking thing. He went to take a bite out of it and I told him not to. He still did it and after about 5 seconds of it being in his mouth he ran to the bathroom. He wasn´t very smart this week. He ended up burning his tongue and it felt numb for the next couple of days. He also was trying to fix our fan and broke the plug on it. So now we have no fan in the house and its been freaking hot. The stuff he has been doing this week have kinda bugged me. I have definitely had to pray for patience this week.

We had a really good investigator ¨Die¨ this week. They were a couple and the wife wasn´t ever really into it but the husband was. They called and canceled a lesson and told us they didn´t want to learn anymore. We knew it was because of the wife. She was always grumpy when we went over and she was pregnant. 

Raul and Raquell got us a great Ref. It was a mom and her two daughters. She is awesome. Raul and Raquell are so awesome they aren´t even members yet and they are better than more than half of the members. 

Last week we finally finished Visa and ID cards. About time since it has taken two months.  

I got an email from Nicole last week. I asked her about the comment she made at Ainsleys baptism. Sounded like she was pretty serious. You guys need to give her crap about that hah. 

We were supposed to have a couple mini cambios this week but of course the Elder from El Salvador was ¨sick¨. Anytime a Chilean is sick they take them to the hospital and give them basically an all purpose shot. They gave him a shot and he claimed he couldn´t remember anything. The Zone leaders made him go to Conce to get some tests done and i guess he had a reaction to the shot. Every week me and Teske are having to settle something with him and his companion. It is getting to be ridiculous. He told his companion last night that he was the devil and they weren´t having any success because he was so disobedient. This was coming from the elder that fakes being sick every week and sleeps in until almost 10:30 everyday. Every one is really getting sick of him and the crap that he does because its not only affecting their work it´s affecting the whole districts work.

On Saturday night we had another barbecue with a part member family. The dad isn´t a member and we went over to teach him. They grilled lamb on a grill. It was really good. The meat was really fatty and tough but the flavor was awesome. All he did was sprinkle salt on it. It was awesome.

Well not much else has happened this week. I love you guys and miss you tons.

Con Amor 
Elder Torgersen

No comments:

Post a Comment