Saturday, September 17, 2011

Sept. 9th (Survived 1st week at MTC)


Hola Familia
How is everyone doing? Hopefully all is well. I am on my normal schedule now so my P-days will now be on Fridays. It did help with the Dear Elder so thanks for setting that up! It makes it easier to get letters. I also love getting normal mail from everyone especially Ainsley. Be sure to tell her i have all of her notes and signs hung up in my dorm. I love them. That's crazy to hear about Ethan. but that sounds about right with him. How did he do? Also when is Traci doing invitro? I'll have to put her on the prayer roll today. I was glad to hear that you guys were already seeing the blessings of me being out here. It has been tough but it is the best thing i could be doing right now. The schedule is rough and sleep is definitely lacking (We did get to take a nap today that helped out a bit.)
I had my first warm shower on wednesday night. Before i had only had freezing showers. I found one that is a little warmer. before that it sucked to wake up at 6:30 and be cold anyway and have to take a cold shower.
I also received the bag from Brother Rutland. It was nice to get some more garments and some snacks. Thank you very much.
 I also heard that Jake finally asked the big question. I'm missing all of these weddings while I'm gone. I'm kinda bummed.
I bought a couple Book of Mormons the other day. I can get them for like a $1.00. I'm gonna highlight some of my favorite scriptures and write my testimony in the front page. I'm pretty excited about doing that.
We are going to the Temple later this afternoon as a Zone. I'm pretty excited. We have some goofy kids in our zone but ive learned to love them. They might be a little nerdy or a little weird but a lot of them are hilarious. I love them. they are so cool. I have also met a kid that his dad coached us at Timp. His name is Elder Valdez. He lived in Lehi. He's way cool. His companion is a kid from Salt Lake that is amazing at skiing. We promised each other that we were gonna go skiing when we get home. He has a video on the LDS.org website called "within bounds" it was pretty cool. I have met a lot of cool kids that lived somewhat close to us. I also met an Elder Harris and an Elder Giles that both went to school with Kenlynn. You'll have to tell her they are in my zone. They are another two that are really funny. I'm excited to go to the Temple though. Each Sunday we get to do a temple walk and we haven't been able to go in to the temple yet. I think it will be a great spiritual experience. I'm way excited.
This week I had more than 8 minutes to send an email. Last week, for some reason, I was having problems with my account.
We have been teaching our "investigator" and he has been kinda hard on us. We are having to speak Spanish when we haven't even been taught anything yet. We didn't really learn anything till yesterday. I increased my Spanish by like 70% yesterday. We learned some sentences that we will use daily that are really easy to use and conjugate. I was pretty excited about that. We had all been walking around trying to make it look like we knew spanish. I can almost say a full prayer in spanish which is amazing. Its so cool be here one week and already know how to pray.
This week has flown by. The days seem long but the week has flown by. Its crazy. It felt like yesterday was monday. I am running out of time so i'll finish of with this...
Yo se que Jesucristo murio por nuestros pecados. Yo se que la iglesia es verdadero. Yo se que Jesucristo es el salvador. Yo se que Thomas S. Monson es un profeta. Yo se que las familias son eternas. Yo se que dios es amoroso. Estoy agradecido por mi familia y mi llamamiento misional. Estoy agradecido por la Expiacion. Este Testimonio me ayuda a vivir feliz. Yo digo estas cosas en el nombre de Jesucristo, Amen.
Te Amo
Love,
      Elder Torgersen

No comments:

Post a Comment